(천애둔략) Reduced Horizons: Prequel - CHAPTER 6

Day by day, Jaejoong was beginning to remember each of my friends' names and slowly got along with them as well. As this bunch of kids was very curious about Jaejoong, they welcomed him a lot. One of them even asked how I managed to win his heart.

Just like any other days, we would gather at the billiard court. Jaejoong sat on the table and greeted them.

He was just like a queen and my friends were his little soldiers. When he got upset, they would also comfort him.

Would Jaejoong fall down? He placed his two hands on the table, supporting his body, and his legs were swaying here and there. ... Is this pretty guy mine? His giggles made my heart surge once again.

"Hungry, me." (Yes there's some sentence structure problem here, but I assumed that the author did this deliberately, because it's cute?)

"What do you want to eat?" "Hamburger."

He ran to me and clung onto my arms. Seeing the cute expression, there was nothing I would not do for him. I called Yeon Sung to buy food for Jaejoong while he was on his way to the billiard court. After a while, Yeon Sung came with his lips pouting. Compared to Yeon Sung, the hamburger seemed to be more attractive. Jaejoong grabbed the plastic bags from him, took out his coke and started drinking from the straw.

"Yah, Kim Jaejoong." Yeon Sung expressed his grievance when he felt he was not comparable to food. The fox was not paying attention as he walked to Sung Hyun. He was only close with my best friend, Sung Hyun. "Do you want to have some too?" He handed over the fries. Sung Hyun rejected silently. Everyone started laughing, but Jaejoong pretended it did not bother him and continued talking with Sung Hyun.

Ah, I wanted to talk to that Sung Hyun kid, but I had forgotten what I wanted to say. "I'm not on the menu, so you can't choose me. Choose one among these three."

Jaejoong could barely finish one hamburger and there were still fries and coke left. He added, "I will feed you; just say which of the three you prefer."

"Fries." I replied. He took one of the fries, dipped onto the sauce and placed it into my mouth. My friends had their eyes focused on us instead of the billiard game. "Please acts appropriately, don't overdo it." They snapped at us. While eating the fries, I even sucked Jaejoong's fingers along with it. The billiard court went chaotic; the guys held their sticks, wanted to hit me with it. Some were even busy calling their girlfriends.

After finishing Jaejoong's remaining burger, I let him sat on my lap. I taught him how to play billiards and how to hold the stick. We were enjoying ourselves. However Jaejoong ran to my friends the moment they told him that he could only increase his skills by playing the actual game. It so happened that, Yeon Sung called me and I walked towards him holding the stick.

"Why did you do this? You...!" "What?"

After competing billiard with him for a few rounds, he asked me. "You really like him?"

You are unable to see that? I looked towards Jaejoong. When the relationship of Jaejoong and I was exposed, he was the gloomiest one. To be together with a guy, everyone was shocked, but they did not let it upset them too much, because they liked Jaejoong a lot too.

Even though I did not know the reason why he was so unhappy about it, but this was not something which he could interfere with.

"Yeah." I answered him without any hesitation. "You're insane."

Yes, I had gone insane. I tried to treat it as a harmless joke but it was not an easy task. I furrowed my eyebrows. From the beginning, I had never thought about gender issues, and this was never our concern from the start. I roughly knew what was troubling him but I would not be forbearing and conciliate about it. I hated him for not being able to see the love we had for each other, it seemed that he only wanted to insult Jaejoong. The kid saw my unusual expression and decided to explain his thoughts slowly. Even my Umma would not interfere.