Bonus Chapter 1

I sat there looking at the graves. It was my parents... Bell and Carl Grimes. Grandpa Rick cant stand me. He always yells at me and never wants to see me, Neither does Grandma Michonne. But Grandma Maggie always makes time for me. I hang out with my Aunt Judith a lot. But I hate how she always tries to take my hat. 

"Hey sport what's up?" My stepdad asks. I look up and I sighed

"Why do I remember the day my father gave me this hat...What happened to my parents Dad?" I asked Jesus. He doesn't mind that I called him dad. I found out very young that my parents are dead. I was five I believe. Now I'm 12. I've killed a walker and everything. Even killed a Savior. Jesus sighed and he sat down next to me as I was sitting at the feet of my parents. 

"You remember that day because that was the day that everything changed...I'm sorry you remember seeing your father like that." My stepdad said petting my long hair. I have never had a haircut. I looked at him. 

"What killed my mom...What killed my dad...What made him look so sick. Why was he saying goodbye to me...Didn't he want me? Didn't he love me!"I said getting emotional. I rarely ever get emotional. People say I get that from my mom and my stubbornness from both of them. Grandpa only hates me because I look like my father and because of what my mother was. That's when Grandpa Rick came. 

"Dan, Can we talk."He asked. I looked at my stepdad. Once he nodded I grabbed my hat and I put it on my head and I followed my grandpa to outside the walls. To a spot where there was a carving of B+C the tree as well as a small hole in the ground. Big enough for it to be a bullet. 

"This is where I found your parents...Your dad, He got bit by a walker trying to help someone. He spent a lot of his time spending it with your Aunt Judith and you. Making as many memories with you as he could. But when he took his last breath. Your mother was supposed to put him down in the church...But she didn't. She Carried him out here. "Grandpa said as he sat down and pointed to a spot. 

"Your mother screamed and when I got there with your grandma, Your father had bitten your mother, And your mom shot herself near the heart. They were both walkers by the time I was here...I put them down..."He said. I looked at the hole. There was a bullet. I dugged it out and it was covered with dry blood. The blood of my mother. I sighed. 

"She killed herself because she couldn't live without my father. Pathetic. She had me to live for. Dad even made me promise to take care of her. I never got a chance to. What the hell."I said to mostly myself. 

"Watch your mouth," Rick said. 

"No, I won't. You never tell me anything about my father. You won't even let me talk to the person who raised my mother! You keep me locked up in this town. My aunt hates my guts all because my mom and dad had me. What was so bad about my parents!"I yelled at my grandpa. He stood up. 

"Your mom, She killed a lot of people. Good innocent people. Killed people I cared about. She failed to keep Carl from turning and was stupid enough to kill herself when she had you. Your mom..."

"Was a monster," I said. I then walked back to Alexandria. I began to run with tears in my eyes. I had to see for myself. I wanted to see my parents. I went to my mothers grave and I cried as I began to dig. Her grave wasn't as deep as dads. I easily removed the white cloth. I covered my face to not gag because of the smell of death. I then pulled it away and I saw her...She looked sick. Half-decayed. The smell was getting too much so I covered her up and I began to push the dirt back into place...If she was like that when my father had to be the same. 

"Mom...Why did you leave me here alone..."I asked as I looked at her grave. She had left behind for me everything. Everything my father and her own was mine. Their weapons, Clothes, blankets, comics, photos, and most important. My mothers stuffed animal. It was the only thing I could hug to make it seem like she was here. In the distance, I could hear singing.