Part Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

Feeling claustrophobic and nauseas I stumbled through the crowded kitchen to the back yard where the party, despite the rain, was in full swing. Girls swimming in the Olympic sized pool wearing only their bras and underwear and in some rare cases, not even that. The hot tub was being used to... well.... Get it on, and scattered across the lawn were passed out drunks, their friends standing over them snapping pictures or doodling on their faces with permanent markers.

More than a little freaked out I turned to go back inside and bumped into Liam who was carrying six red plastic cups, three in each hand.

"Hey!" he cried, "Wat....oh, hey Ashton, when did you get here?"

"I'm looking for Harry, have you seen him?" I shouted over the ear splittingly loud song about talking dirty, whatever that meant which was playing in the background.

"Can't say I have," he replied, "Not after his fight with Louis."

"You saw it and you didn't do anything?" I spat.

"What did you want me to do?" Liam asked, "I'm with my girlfriend."

Following his gaze my eyes landed on a tan girl who was splashing around in the pool.

"You still could've helped him," I muttered.

"What's that?" Liam called over the music.

"Nothing," I sighed, "I..uh, I'm gonna go look for Harry."

"Good luck with that," he replied, clapping me on the back before slipping back into the sea of partygoers.

Beginning to think that maybe coming was a mistake I made my way back into the house, and was just considering leaving when a hand reached out and grabbed me by the hood ripping me back.

Coughing as my windpipe was nearly crushed I whirled around to find a giggling Erin Samuels.

"What was that for?" I demanded.

Shrugging, she took a step towards me however stumbled drunkenly and would have fallen had I not reached out and caught her.

"Oh my God, thank you," she purred, looking up at me with wide unblinking eyes, a sign I took to mean she was about as high as a kite.

"Uh yeah," I mumbled, straightening up and trying to stand her on her own two feet however she clung to be like a koala to its mother.

"What are you doing?" I demanded.

"Has anyone ever told you that you have amazing eyes?" she asked.

"Uh, no," I replied, swallowing hard and trying hard to ignore the fact that she was wearing only a pair of denim booty shorts and a lacey black bra.

"Well you do," she giggled, "And your lips, you have good lips."

"Thank you?" I mumbled.

Nodding she looked up at me, then licked her lips.

"I sit in front of you in Math," she informed me.

"I know," I sighed, "You asked me how to convert fifty percent into two halves."

"You're so smart!" she gushed, reaching up and running her manicured fingertips through my hair.

"Thanks," I muttered, pulling her hand away from me.

"I'm pretty stupid," she pouted.

"Sorry to hear that," I replied, getting a little annoyed with how her other hand had made its way to my belt.

"I was thinking," she mumbled, hooking her slender fingers into one of my belt loops, "Maybe you could help me."

"What?" I questioned, watching as she drew lazy circles on my hip bones through my wet shirt with her thumb.

"You're tutoring Luke right?" she asked.

"Oh that," I sighed, "Uh, yeah probably."

"Maybe you could make it a group session," she giggled, before standing on her tiptoes and whispering into my ear, "I'm willing to pay."

Startled I grabbed both her wrists with one hand and held her at arms length.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"You're drunk," I replied.

"So?"

"So I know what you're doing."

"What am I doing?"

"You're trying to get in my pants."

Laughing she looked down at her breasts, "You don't want me in your pants?"

"No, not particularly. I mean yeah, I do, but I've never....never mind. I don't think now is an appropriate time or place plus I heard you with Niall earlier and...."

"Niall?" she giggled, "Who's Niall?"

"The guy .... Had fun with earlier," I replied, taking a step away from her.

"Oh the blonde one?" she laughed, "That didn't mean anything."

"What?" I demanded.

"We do it all the time," she answered, "We're friends with benefits."

Immediately my head began to spin, the whole time Niall had lied. He'd been with Erin all along, setting me up to look like an idiot.

"What's wrong?" Erin cooed, suddenly directly in front of me again, "You're not jealous are you?"

"No," I laughed humorously, "No I'm not."

"Good," she replied, "Because I like you Ashton."

Staring at her in disbelief I froze, "You what?"

"I like you?" she replied.

"No... no you don't." I replied.

"Yes I do," she giggled closing the gap between us and wrapping her arms around my neck so that her lips were centimeters away from my own, "You're cute, and funny, and sweet, and smart, and caring, and in a band, and you have dimples."

Smiling she poked my cheeks before once again wrapping her arm around my neck, "I want to be yours Ash, not Michael's not Niall's, yours."

Swallowing I looked down at her impressively pump, pink lips.

"I...I don't...I don't know." I stammered.

"Quit blubbering," she giggled.

Closing my mouth I swallowed, looking down the end of my nose at the valley in between her breasts.

"Kiss me you dork," she whispered.

Immediately I panicked, this would be my first kiss, what if it sucked. Did she want tongue, I knew that was a thing, or was she more a close lipped girl? Did I go straight in or at an angle and if at an angle which way? How long did I make it last? Did she want a quick peck, or a foot popping, sappy romantic comedy make out.

Fluttering her eyes closed Erin moved up towards me and my heart panicking I moved down towards her, however before our lips could meet, spots danced before my eyes.

"I'm waiting," Erin mumbled, her eyes still closed.

"Sorry," I slurred, feeling dizzy, "I....um....is it hot in here?"

"Are you going to kiss me or not?" she demanded.

"Right....sorry," I muttered, rocking back and forth slightly.

My vision blurring and going white around the edges I stepped forward and bending down felt my nose brush against hers and then the room tilted and everything went black.

A/N

I just wanted ot say thank you so much for getting this story to 100,000 + reads. It means a lot <3

Love you guys. :)