Part Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

"That is so gross," Mali-koa laughed.

"You know you want it," Michael, said seductively.

"Yeah," she replied, "And sometimes I want donuts but I don't want Honey Boo Boo thighs."

"I think thighs are sexy," Michael cried.

"Yeah well, my boyfriend," Mali-koa replied, putting emphasize on the word boyfriend, "Doesn't."

"What a tool," Michael spat.

"And you're not?" she laughed.

"Baby," he said, placing a hand over his heart, "If I was your boyfriend I'd never let you go."

"That's sweet Mikey," Mali-koa replied, "But you know what, I think I've heard that before, along with every other living organism on the planet! Did you really just quote Justin Bieber?"

"Just this one time," Michael answered.

Rolling her eyes in disgust, Mali-koa started for the back of the restaurant, "I'm going to the bathroom."

"Is that an invitation?" Michael called after her.

Huffing in annoyance she held up the middle finger.

"Feisty," Michael chuckled, "I like that."

"Can you not?" Calum sighed.

"I can't help it man," Michael answered, "It hurts in my head and my heart and my chest, and I'm having trouble catching my breath."

"What?" Calum spat.

"She's got some sort of voodoo spell over me man," Michael replied.

Calum muttered something under his breath I didn't catch, then Luke opened his mouth to speak however not paying attention I turned around to look for Harry and my heart sank. He was gone.

"Crap!" I muttered under my breath making a break for the door.

"Where are you going?" Luke called after me.

"I uh.. I have to get home!" I shouted over my shoulder.

Not waiting to hear his reply I pushed the door open and ran out into the slow drizzle which made the dark, eerie night that much creepier.

"Damn it," Harry I groaned, pulling my cell phone out of my pocket only to find it dead.

Glancing around and finding no sight of him I retrieved my push bike from the side of the building and set off in search of him.

Thirty minutes later I was desperate. I had gone down every side street and alley, checking every open store and restaurant and even went so far as to ride all the way to Niall's however there was no sign of him. My heart sinking I thought of the last place he could possibly be, and soaking wet, biked the three mile journey to Erin Samuel's house.

The first thing I smelled when I opened the door to the massive house was the repulsive pungent stench of body odor. The second was alcohol, and the third was drugs. I had never done drugs before however something in the sleepy, hazy atmosphere in the air informed me that the scent filling my nostrils was not legal.

Running my fingertips through my soaking wet hair which was plastered against my forehead I looked around nervously. More people were crammed into the living room alone then there were lions in the entire African continent. All were dressed in skimpy close with cheap plastic masks hiding their identities as they lost their innocence on the make shift dance floor.

Shuddering at the sight of a couple going at it like horny rabbits in the corner, I turned towards the kitchen where Josh was slurping something distinctively alcoholic off the stomach of a girl I thought I recognized as Louis' sister.