They both halt abruptly as a tall blonde girl intercepts Harry, wrapping her arms around his waist and not even glancing in Tash's direction.

"Hey you, was hoping you'd be here, are you free tonight?"  she asks in hushed voice, her top cut so low it leaves very little to the imagination.

"Heyyyyy, um no sorry, but feel free to hang out, have a drink on the house," Harry says loudly enough for his bartender to hear and try and steal her attention as he unwraps her arms and leaves her pouting.

Harry immediately grabs hold of Tash's hand, partly to prove a point and partly to make sure she doesn't run away.  He pulls her quickly into the stairwell, the door closing and blocking out the noise of the bar beside them.

"Sorry, she's a customer, I-" he starts, his heart thumping in his chest.

"Harry, it's fine," Tash interrupts him with a light laugh, "you don't owe me an explanation."

He's watching the smile on her face, listening to the bright carefree words coming out of her naturally full lips but he can see the tiny, almost completely hidden, flash of apprehension in her eyes.

"You wanted honesty and I'm happy to tell you as much or as little as you want about... stuff like that," he can barely believe he is saying it as the words leave his mouth and he's gesturing towards the door.

She's shaking her head and exhaling another laugh as she tries to brush off her insecurity, she finds that trait so unattractive in other people and she doesn't want to ever come across like that.

"Thank you, you know... for being open, but I don't need you to tell me anything you don't want to share," she says gently, genuinely appreciative of his willingness to be honest.

He tucks her hair behind her ear, something she finds impossibly sensitive and endearing and watches as he licks his lips, unable to draw her eyes off his mouth until his tongue is well and truly back in.

"C'mon then, we have pancakes to eat and wine to drink!"  He smirks, knowing exactly what she's distracted by, holding up the bottle and taking her hand again, both of them completely absorbed in the feeling of their skin touching.

-

Tash was right in assuming her bottle of wine would be a little redundant amongst Harry's impressive collection of vintage wines and spirits all finding a home on his antique cabinet.

She never would have imagined that his huge loft would be hidden so perfectly above his workplace. The exposed brick feature walls of his bar below run all the way up to Harry's home, huge industrial sized bay windows opening the space up to the city.  His style is masculine but eclectic, the steel kitchen counters and old factory style pendant lighting contrasting with his antique bar and serving cabinet and the abundance of indoor plants which Tash loves the most.

Her eyes are closed as they both stand opposite one another in his kitchen, they had finished their pancakes that Tash thought were delicious and told him so several times before he finally started to believe her, offering twice to order a pizza instead.

"Ok, now raise the glass up and tell me what you can smell," Harry instructs softly, his raspy voice sounding like the maple syrup they had just poured all over their dinner.  Her breath is a little shaky as she obeys his orders and keeps her eyes shut, feeling a little awkward as he regards every inch of her serene face without her seeing.  

She takes in a deep inhale into the half filled glass of Pinot Noir he had poured her and her brow creases in confusion.

"Umm.. wine?" She says innocently, opening her eyes to see him rolling his lips into his mouth to stifle a smile.