Chapter 13~Say Yes...Hell No!

Start from the beginning

            “You doing okay?” I asked in concern, lifting my head all the way. He wiped the back of his sleeve over his forehead with a feverish nod. Honestly he looked like he was one step away from having a seizure. Swarming with guilt, I reached over to rest my hand over his shaking one. It won his attention and his brown eyes sliced over to mine again where I quirked my lips into a small but reassuring smile. “Sorry if I made you uncomfortable. I’m just really tired and I tend to get cranky when I’m really tired,”

I received another nod, with a lopsided smile, “Y-yeah it’s okay. I just got a bit nervous, you never look this down and I just thought maybe you were mad at me or something.”

I let out a little chuckle, loud enough that even Mr. Utley was able to hear. His ice-blue eyes flashed over to me, a snarl curled his lips.

            “Do you find my misery funny, Miss Rivera?” he demanded, standing from the stool he had been reclining on so he can stomp over to me.

Immediately i felt my smile deflate, and I shook my head once, “No, Mr. Utley, I wasn’t laughing at you I was only—”

            “Only what?” he cut me off, his face flushing in anger. “Chuckling to yourself because of some joke you suddenly remembered?”   

I lifted a brow, “Uh no, I didn’t remember a—”

            “You know what, just get out!” he thrusted a scrawny forefinger toward the door, it trembled slightly, and I don’t think I had to guess hard as to why because it was purely obvious that it wasn’t because he was cold. With an inward sigh, I stood, taking my notebooks and bag with me. I kept my head low as I slumped my way to the door, just to avoid the mocking faces of my classmates but that didn’t really mean I was able to block out the sly snickers that emanated from my every direction. I bit back the foul rage that flooded my mouth as I stepped out the class—slamming the door hard once I was on the other side.

            Seeing I couldn’t do much waiting like an idiot outside the door, I decided I could take a quick trip to the library, assuming that I had lunch after this class ended. Glancing down at my wrist watch I realized I only had twenty minutes left before the bell rung. I gave my Chemistry class one more rueful look before sauntering down the hall, and toward the library; remembering that today I started a strict schedule under the watchful eye of Nahuel. At first I had planned to just ditch and carry on with my normal and way more practical routine, but something told me that Nahuel wasn’t joking when he threatened to hunt me down if I didn’t show. Letting out and involuntary shudder, I hugged myself the rest of the way—like a frightened mouse running into the territory of a cat.

****

            After the lunch bell went off it took Nahuel less than ten minutes to enter the library—not that I was counting or anything…

            “Nena,” he greeted with a wolfish grin, as he saw my sulking at the same table where we first met. “Feels like Déjà vu seeing your sexy little frame sitting there. Only now you look like you’re about to sneeze—last time you looked just plain out constipated.”

            I glowered, squeezing as much venom seep into my gaze as I could muster. Letting it do all the talking for I knew if I opened my mouth we’d only end up in violence. Nahuel let out a short snort before taking a seat beside me, draping his arm languidly across the back of mine. His was body too close for me, that I had to slide half of my rear end off the seat.  

            “Honestly, I was planning on you not showing up,” he commentated casually, pausing just long enough to flick his fringe out of his eye with a brisk movement of his head, “I had already come up with various schemes in how to hunt your ass down. I must say I’m disappointed that I didn’t get a chance to put them to work—ah well perhaps next time.”