Chapter 40

Otabek's POV

Please stop talking....

"I must remove all distractions from my life. I spent too much time with you when I should have been focusing on my training. I have to win next year and I can only focus on my career"

My heart shatters into a million pieces of sharp glass.

Love is replaced with anger....

"You can't possibly be blaming this on me! You should have worked harder!" I suddenly yell, everything just snaps and I can no longer control my mouth. My fists shake in anger, never have I lost it like this. Calm down.

Yuri looks shocked and then pissed.

"Oh, like you did asshole!"

How could he?! 

"You know what? Get out!"

"Fuck you!"

Yuri yells before running out of the room and slamming the door.

I feel the anger seeping from my body and instantly regret my words. I fall to the bed and cry so hard it hurts.

"Yuri..." I cry 

"Please come back"

Yuri's POV

Fuck! Third?! This is what I was afraid of. 

Now I will always be known as the guy who lost to both the Nikiforov's. They announced their joint retirement, now I will never be able to beat them. 

How did this happen? 

I need to work harder and remove all distractions so I can win every year and get my reputation back. 

Otabek got fourth again, neither one of us did our best, I can't help thinking our relationship got in the way. I didn't practice as much as I should have, I blew off Yakov to be with him. 

Do I even love him? 

Did I ever? 

Yuuri and Victors relationship survived this and came out stronger than ever! 

Ugh it's too much pressure he was my first everything, I'm too young to handle this kind of relationship. 

I think it's time to let it go.

I walk towards Otabeks hotel room thinking about the best way to do this.

I take a deep breath, wipe the emotion from my face and knock. He opens the door looking excited... 

This may be harder than I thought....

"Can I come in?"

"Yeah"

His voice is shaking a little and I notice him trying to hide his nervousness. I take a deep breath.

"We need to end this, I must remove all distractions from my life. I spent too much time with you when I should have been focusing on my training. I have to win next year and I can only focus on my career"

I thought I would feel better getting this out there but I see sadness in his eyes and start to hurt.

"You can't possibly be blaming this on me! You should have worked harder!" he yells at me.

I'm so shocked, he never raises his voice like this with me... or anyone. The pain hits me hard and I go straight to my defense.

"Oh, like you did asshole!" I yell back, immediately regretting my words... he works the hardest out of everyone. 

His face crinkles and he yells again.

"You know what? Get out!"

"Fuck you!" I yell before running from the room so he won't see my tears. 

I hope I didn't just make the biggest mistake of my life. I need to talk to someone before I lose it, not my best idea but I decide to call Victor.

"Hello" I say not able to hide the shaking in my voice.

"Yurio? What's wrong?"

"Nothing" I say suddenly regretting this call more.

"Yuri"

"I broke up with Otabek!" I cry in to the phone.

"Hang on Yuri I'm coming"

"No, I'm no-" I can't even finish.

I hear a knock at my hotel room before the door bursts open and a slightly tipsy but still functional Victor runs in to my arms and holds me tight. I just cry in his arms, I'm so upset I don't have the strength to shove him away.

"I needed to do this for my career, why does it hurt!" I choke out the words.

"It's hard to choose between career and love, you won't admit it but you loved him and it's going to hurt for a long time"

"I..... had to" I whisper.

"I support you as long as you are sure and have thought of the consequences"

"I have thought"

We stay like this until Yuuri comes in, they decide not to leave me in this state so they end up sleeping in the single bed next to me all night. 

My bed is so cold and lonely....