Chapter 9

Otabek's POV

We walk up to the bedroom since Yuri takes up so much space for someone of his size we can't get comfortable on the couch. 

We settle in, Yuri lays flat forward with his face in his hands and kicking his legs while I sit quietly upward against the headboard as the movie starts. 

30 minutes in I head down to the kitchen, grab our pirozhkis from the oven and take them up to a ravenous Yuri who devours his in seconds before cheekily stealing a little of mine. 

The movie almost reminds me of Yuri and I and its better than I thought, nearing the end of the movie we move around trying to get comfortable. I end up lying down with my head slightly elevated by pillows so I can see the screen and Yuri sits up against the headboard, his hand is lying painfully close to mine but I know I can't hold it. 

The movie finishes and to my surprise I look up to see tears forming in Yuri's eyes, I should have known when he said he used to watch this with his grandfather. 

He misses him. 

It hurts that I can't do anything about his pain but I also know better than to show any pity or he will bite my head off. 

I raise my arm to touch his shoulder but immediately think better of it and swiftly place my hand behind my head instead. 

Yuri's tears disappear as fast as they arrived and I find him looking over me with an expression that I can't figure out. 

"Let's go skating tonight, I'll rent some skates for you. Yakov will never know." I say with a small chuckle. 

Yuri gives me a small smile, he has the most beautiful smile and I hardly get to see it. I'm almost worried about him. 

Yuri puts his shaking hand on the side of my face and leans down planting a kiss on my lips. 

It's like my heart stops for a moment. 

I've been taken by surprise and although I have wanted this for a long time I don't know how to react now that it's actually happening. His lips are so soft and gentle, the kiss sends warmth through my entire body and I almost flinch from the cold when he pulls away. 

I can't imagine what he is thinking as he looks at me.