Chapter Ten - Like Keeps Getting Better (In Both The Literal And Sarcastic Way)

Hayy!

So I just wanna let you guys know that my posting is now going to low down and be less often.

Summer is in full swing now and i'll be away a lot which means no internet *dies* i will try my best though :) and i shall keep you informed.

Buta about this chapter, i cried whilst writing it so i don't know what you're gonna make of it but i hope you enjoy it :)

*********************************************************************************************************************

Chapter Ten – Life Keeps Getting Better (In Both The Literal and Sarcastic Way).

(8) Bite My Tongue by You Me At Six ft. Oli Sykes

“What are you doing here Daniel?” I ask as I get out the car.

“I’m gonna carry your stuff inside” my mother says, popping the boot and taking my suitcase out.

“Okay” I smile at her as she drags my bag up the porch steps and goes inside, “so?” I say bringing my attention back to Daniel.

“I wanted to talk to you” he says fidgeting with his hands.

“Talk then” I say crossing my arms over my chest.

“Here?”

“Where else?” I ask starting to get annoyed.

“I just…. I’m gonna say this as it is, I want you back.”

I stare at him like he’s grown two heads.

“What?” I say dumbly.

“You heard me” he says taking a step towards me, “I want you back.”

“Well it’s a little late for that don’t you think?”

“Bonnie please” he comes even closer till he’s right in front of me, “you were the one who wanted me to say, so here I am” he smiles stupidly like it was that simple.

“Daniel, are you even aware of what you’re saying? You break up with me then turn up two weeks later having changed you mind? I’m not an object Daniel, you need to start understanding that.”

“I will, I will, just please” he reached for my cheek but I push his hand away.

“No Daniel. It’s over, there’s no going back.”

He bows his head then sighs loudly, “just tell me, are you happy with him?”

“I am” I say quietly.

“Okay” he turns to leave, “bye Bonnie” he adds over his shoulder.

“Bye Daniel.” I watch him leave then head inside.

I stop instantly when the door is closed though I can see mum sitting at the kitchen table with her head resting on the surface and crying really loudly. I can also see she’s holding someone’s hand. I see Benji sitting on the floor biting his nails and looking lost. I start to panic that something happened to Fabian but a soft sob makes me aware that he is sitting half way up the stairs with his head on his hands.

“Fabian, what’s happened?” I ask softly.

He looks up at me with puffy red eyes, “just go through to the kitchen.”

I don’t really want to leave him but I need to see what the fuss is about.

I almost turn back around and leave the room again not willing to believe that what I’m seeing is really happening.

A man is sitting across from my mother, the left side of his face tethered in scars. His hair is longer than he’s even had it in his life, bit none the less; my father who I’ve believed dead for eight years is sitting at my kitchen table.