•44•

Tonight's Senior Prom, it's basically what Alex and I have been waiting for a really long time, but now it's all over. I can't go with him, I can't be with him, I can't even dream about going with him anymore, I'll never know how it was supposed to be.
I remember how he asked me our for Prom, way before we broke up.
It really was the best Promposal any girl could ever ask for.
I was going to ask him for prom, but he completely ruined it and asked me first. I wasn't mad because it was beautiful. He gave me this really beautiful but not ostentatious dress. It was beige, sleeveless, with work and net all over. It was very flowy.
So here's how it happened.
I was out all day, with Delilah. You know what I just realised? I don't really have friends. Yep, gotta suck, that one though.
Delilah's house comes two blocks before mine, so after our little ladies' day out, I started walking towards my house and just outside the small entrance pathway there were candles and written with chalk,"Five reasons why you should go to prom with me."

I unplugged my earphones, the door was already open, I opened it wide and there were literal rose petals and candles, with the first reason written on a huge paper, "We look pretty hot together."
The second paper, "You make me sway effortlessly." and to the left in small letters was written, "*And you know I'm a terrible dancer."
The third paper, "We have a 99% chance of becoming prom queen and king. I mean, we are after all goals."
The fourth, "You make me so happy."
The fifth one, was in my room, I looked down but there was nothing, when I looked up, Alex was down, on two knees and said, "The main reason, I love you, Faith Allen." I followed the papers and rose petals form outside my door, followed by my living room, then the kitchen, then the stairs to the second floor all just to reach to him. He was wearing the tux I bought him for Christmas. I ran to him, sat on my knees and kissed him. If it isn't obvious by now, I was crying.
"Babe, I didn't mean to make you cry."

"You know why I'm crying. All of this, you, I love you, so much, oh boy I love you so much." I said and kissed him again.

"I love you, too. Also, after all this I thought a box of chocolates is too corny..."

"A box of chocolates is cornier than this?" I said laughing.

"Yeah well. I got us pizza, and mozzarella sticks."
We got up and sat on the bed.

"You just ruined my plan of asking you to prom."

"But aren't you happy?"

"Very."

"It's a win then."

"Also, I really do want to win prom queen, but, there's like Kane and Marrisa, if not them then there's Clarke and Rafael. They're the popular couple, and we aren't."

"Heads up, Clarke and Kane hooked up and the others obviously found out."

"Oh my God." I started laughing. "Guess High school romances don't last forever after all."

"Ours will."

"I hope."

"Yeah, and who said we aren't popular? Everyone talks about us, you're dating the Ravens' captain and I'm dating the most talented girl ever. Like honestly Faith, it amazes me how pretty yet kind you are."

"Aw."

"Yess."

"But you could've just asked me normally, why go through so much trouble just to ask me to prom when you know I was going to say a yes."

"Just to see that smile, right there, on your face."

"You're the best."
Woah, reminiscing is almost like reliving. It hurts as fuck.
Delilah called.

"I'm coming to pick you up. You're going to prom. You're wearing that dress Alex gave because I couldn't find anything and you wouldn't fit in my quincineara dress, and you're going to meet a new guy, I don't care."