•16•

I've literally had no time, my mom wants nothing of dad here. And she wants me to help her take all of his stuff that he left her to the garage. Eye roll. I really don't understand why is she obsessing over his things. I get it you broke up but let his thing be here at least, it's not like they're bugging you, they're just things. Jeez. She's so extra sometimes. I miss dad, so I've some of his things in my room, even though mom doesn't like it, she can't take that away from me. Moving the things is such a huge job, and it's so tiring. She doesn't even want the couch, she got it because dad loved it and now he isn't there so she doesn't like it. Oh God. Plus she's getting paranoid about the date she had two weeks ago, and they've been talking so he wants to meet her again, it's a date. Argh, she won't even listen to me that it'll all be okay, and he seems like a decent man on Tinder, my mom says he's a really nice guy, just like Alex. Only Alex is better, like obviously. He works at my mom's law firm but they hadn't 'spoken' spoken yet, till the date. My mom really likes him and since she hasn't been with any man other than my dad, she's positive that it's going to be her last date with him. It couldn't be more hilarious. Fuck. I've only two weeks to plan something for Christmas. To plan something special for Alex and my first Christmas together. Uh, it's enough. Hopefully, I won't forget it.
I had taken a break now, like after two hours of constant moving, argh, I miss just sitting and doing nothing.

"Do you realise that I haven't taken you out on a proper date?" What a perfect time to text. My baby knows me.

"Oh please of course you have."

"Dude, name one date, when it wasn't a birthday or something."

"I don't remember."

"So I'll take you out today."

"Okayy, it'll be great."

"Yess. Today at 7? Your favourite place."

"Yay."

I went through are chats and realised that we talk crap. We send each other memes the whole day. Well, that's the kind of relationship we want so it works out for the best. Honestly though, sometimes we work out together, other times we just stay in the bed. Sometimes, I have to literally drag him to shop with me and other times, he just gets me random things because they're, 'sexy.' I couldn't ask for more. Nothing more than Alex.

•••

It was nearly seven but she hadn't called. We were supposed to go together.
I called her. "Hey, Faye. It's nearly seven, do you want me to move the reservation to around nine..."

"I'm sorry Alex. I can't make it..."

"Or tomorrow or next week?"

"Oh god, I'm so sorry. It's my cue. We've been moving the furniture and everything. I haven't had the time to even touch my phone. But I wanna meet you so I'll come to your house at around ten?"

"Yeah, sure thing. Hey listen."

"Listening."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

•••

When I reached his house, I knocked the door but no one opened. I called Alex. He opened the door and he had worn an apron, he had a knife in his hand and welcomed me with a kiss on my forehead.

"Ahem, mind telling me what's all this?"

"Nothing, I'm cooking you one of the two dishes I actually know how to cook."

"Ooh, he cooks."

"Yess."

"But why are you cooking?"

"Because I know that you've had a long day and since our plan didn't work I decided to cook you dinner."

"Oh my god, that's so sweet. By the way come on tell me what are we cooking."

"More like what's already cooked. I'm just cutting the basil to garnish. You sit on the couch. I'll set the table and call you."

He lit some candles and called me. He made my favourite dish. He pulled the chair so that I could sit. Everything was so romantic.
"Alex, all of this..."

"Shush." He said keeping his finger on my mouth. "Listen to me first."

"Aha." I nodded my head.

"You know how weirdly we met? You almost got mugged. Oh what would've happened if I didn't show up, we would've never met. And I wouldn't be so thrilled about that. Every minute of every day that I spend with you, makes me want to cherish life, cherish love, cherish you. You, are the most beautiful thing ever happened to me. I don't think it's destiny that brought us here together. I think we were never meant to be together. It is, through all the effort we put in, through everything, we chose each other. We chose our love and through everything that we've been together, I want to see more. The more of you, I want to see beyond everything. I want to see us, and I want that to be our future. And probably we aren't meant to be together, but we'll work on it, and we'll tell them, it's not destiny, it's us."

"Alex..." I said, with him burying his face in my palm. "Baby, I love you, oh, I love you so much. And whatever you just said, I want, all of it. All of it. I want you, I want us."

"I love you, too, babe."

After the whole dinner, I changed into nothing. I removed all my clothes, and wore Alex's shirt. That's it. He wears nothing but boxers. Oh God, I just want to sleep on his shirtless chest and just talk, have his fingers run through my hair.
"Baaabbbyyyy."

"What?"

"I love you."

"I know that."

"Huh, this is weird."

"What?"

"One of my boobs feels lumpier than the other."

"I can check that for you."

"Oh, then come here Mr. Flynn."

"Be right there." He came and just kinda slept on me, like my chest. "I don't think it's lumpier."

"You sure about that?"

"Yeah, dude."

"Okay, cool, just stay here, then. You know you want to."

"Yes, I really do. They're really soft."

"Of course they are, cutie."

"I'm hungry." He mumbled. I pushed him down, like just below my hip and said, "Dinner's ready."