•19•

Everything was so much better after the trip. Just so much better. It was unbelievable how I touched every happiness of my life starting just with her. Just with Faith.

"Alex, we'll be late for school." She said as she came out of the washroom, adjusting her top.

"Let's not go."

"Alex it's school, remember the thing we keep forgetting about."
I came near her but she was too distracted in packing her bag. I held her by the neck, tickled her and kissed her saying, "Aha school, doesn't ring a bell."
"Alex..."
I picked her up as she wrapped her hands around me and kissed me.
"Okay, only two minutes."

"Mmm, two minutes." I said and dropped both of us on the bed and she chuckled. It was really nice. We even had a nice chat when we were walking to school.

"You'll come by later at 4, right?"

"Let's do it at my place, babe. We never hang out there, plus my bed is a lot softer than yours."

"And what are you going to do on it?"

"Whatever you want to."

"Oh, boy. Guess who's gon' get lucky today."

"I'm officially horny."

"You better be."

•••

After school when I went to Alex's, I rang the bell and a girl's voice definitely not his mother's said, "Come on in, it's open."
She was in a bra and shorts with a towel wrapped around her hair.
"Umm..."

"Oh hi, you are?"

"Oh I'm Emma. And you're?"

"I'm Faith. Um, where's Alex?"

"Oh, the dreamy girl."

"I'm sorry, what?"

"You're Alex's girlfriend, right?"

"Yeah?"

"He keeps talking about you, like, oh my god, Faith's so beautiful. Oh, my God, she's perfect. Ugh."

"I'm flattered. Where is he?"

"Oh he's hit the shower."

"Wait, what..."

"I'll tell him you stopped by."

"That won't be necessary."

I was pretty shocked to see a girl at Alex's. I mean I know all the people in school, there's no one named Emma that Alex is friends with.
It was all very bizarre. At night around 8, Alex stopped by the house.

"Um, Emma said that you came home."

"Yeah, we had plans."

"I totally spaced."

"Um okay."

"She said you looked sad, something happened?"

"Yeah the semi-naked girl."

"What?" He took time processing what that meant. "Oh no no no. It's nothing like that. Emma is one of my very best friends since before I moved here. There's been no romance. Nothing. You should believe me."

"I do, I believe you."

"So, I'm throwing a party, at my place. Like right now. I've come to pick you up."

"Um, no, I think I wanna stay in tonight."

"Um Faye, is something wrong?" I mean, you can tell me."

"No, nothing wrong, I just..."

"Don't wanna come?"

"Yes."