•5•

I know something's going to happen, because of what Mr.Allen told me. I didn't say a word of it to Faith because I didn't want to worry her yet. I promised him I'd be there and I intend to keep that promise.
I was picking her up for school as always.

"Babe, I'm here." I texted her.
She read the message and opened the door.

"Look at you, hottie." She said, lifted her toes and kissed my jaw.

"You aren't going anywhere."

"Mrs. uh, Allen, we have a paper to turn in."

"Oh, no one's stopping you, but she's staying." She said pointing at her.

"Mom, you heard him, what could possibly be more important than submitting a paper, we took four hours to complete." By looking at the amount of concern her mom's eyes hid, I figured it was what Mr. Allen was talking about. It happened later than a week.

"Faith." I interrupted her mother. "I'll submit the paper, I'll make up a lie and make sure they take it, don't you worry."

"You are freaking me out, mother."

"Alex, thank you very much, now if you don't mind."

"Don't talk to him like that."

"Babe, it really is okay. I'll call you after school."

"Okay, alright." Before I could leave she pulled me in a long passionate kiss which I think seemed to disgust her mother.
I went to school and it was a usual kinda day, boring without her though.

•••

"So? What's the problem?" I asked my mom holding onto the doorknob, I was trying to be nonchalant, but I guess I was clearly failing.

"You're going to want to sit down."

"You're scaring me."

"Your dad didn't have the heart to tell you this, but, um..."

"On with it already, jeez."

"Liam, your dad and I, we're, um, getting a divorce."

"Okay, wait what?"

"Yeah, I've thought a lot about this and my decision stands."

"Now would be a great time to come out dad, I know you're hiding there, come on out now, tell me it's a joke." I said, looking around the house.

"Honey, he isn't here. And it's true."

"Okay, what the fuck?"

"Language, please."

"My life's about to change and you care about my language?" I stood up and shouted at her. She folded her hands and stood there listening to all of it.

"Baby, I know..."

"No, like seriously? After everything y'all have been together, that's how it ends? This? How is this fair?"

"It isn't, but I can't fight with him anymore. We don't agree on the same things anymore and neither of us are willing to compromise anymore, one of us always ends up sleeping on the couch in the bedroom."
I went to the kitchen to get some water.
She came near me and sat opposite me, on the chair in front of the kitchen platform.
"Sex isn't great either."
I blurted the water out.

"That's your concern? Sex?"

"Baby, it's an important aspect, you'd know if you had, you know." She said making a face. "Unless of course you and Alex have in which case, you both are in trouble."

"No, gross mom. We're fifteen."

"Anyway, that's not the problem. So the divorce..."

"When did you guys finalise it? And why isn't dad here, huh? Too afraid to face me? So he goes without saying goodbye? And now what? You guys are going to live separately and we won't spend any of the holidays together anymore? How am I supposed to pick who to stay with? Who is staying here? And who is moving out? Am I going to have one parent from now on? How can you just drop such a bomb on me?"