•24•

The very next morning, I unlocked my phone to see an email by Ryerson University of Canada. I remember applying for the college but I didn't think that I had the slightest chance of receiving an email. I'm calmed by the thought that they sent one, but it could be a rejection, too. Well, calmed isn't even the suitable word. I laid there on my bed despondently, staring point blank at my screen, too afraid to open the email.

"Faith?" She knocked.

"It's open."

"Alex didn't sleep over?"

"We don't do that everyday."

"Oh, no, no, you do, for as long as I can remember."

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes.

"So, why are you staring at your phone?"

"Got an email from Ryerson."

"That's amazing news."

"Not really."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, just no."

"Faith, open it, honey."

"Oh, no, no."

"Don't you wanna see what's in there?" She asked.

"I'm positive it's a rejection, quote unquote we wish you the best email. I don't want to read it."

"Oh honey, trust me, it's not a rejection email. Turns out my very old friend is working there as a professor and I was able to get you an interview with the trustee."

"Oh my god, you're not kidding, are you?" I woke up in a jerk.

"No, not even a little, I was also able to get you tickets for the flight. The flight leaves tomorrow night, it's a good ten day trip. You can explore a little, too."

I immediately gave her a hug, "Thank you so much. I'm so excited."

"But wait, firstly, you will have to meet my friend Cecelia. The one who got you the interview. She will train you for anything that they might ask. After all, you have to show your best."

"Yes, I will."

"You should start packing."

"Yess, I just need to call Alex and Delilah. Got to tell them the best news I've heard in days."

"Okay. Also, baby."

"Yes?"

"I'm proud of you, that was a really hard decision to make, but you did, and trust me, I know how hard it is to give up a baby, but know, that I'm really proud of you."

"I love you."

She smiled and left. I immediately called Delilah but she didn't pick her phone, I left her a message so that she could come help me pack. I called Alex to hurry and come over.

"You called so I'm here, with foooooddd. What happened?"

"I'm very excited."

"Okay, for?"

"Okay, so tell me what have you planned for the future?"

"Future?"

"Too soon to open that box?"

"No, we can open it, whenever you're ready."

"Um okay, so I've got an interview at Ryerson University..."

"Of Canada?" He cut me off.

"Yes, how did you know?"

"That's not the point, so you're planning go to a whole other country?"