•27•

Faith wouldn't even look at me. I lied to her face. I know I'll have to make it up. But how? She is mad and she has every right to be. I did have a valid reason to lie to her. She wouldn't have liked that I went out with Paige. That too, alone. I know she wouldn't get jealous because she's too cool a girlfriend to care and honestly, she trusts me enough. I went to her home directly after school, she literally went right past me at school.

•••

When I reached home, I was still pretty sad about what Alex did. As I went to the kitchen, I saw a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a note with it, "I'm sorry." Two words. That's it.

"Faith?" He said when he came from the door.

"What do you want?"

"Nothing."

"Why did you get me flowers?"

"Because, you deserve flowers."

"I also deserve not to be lied to."

"It was a mistake. I'm sorry."

"So, who was so important that you had to only meet?"

"Um."

"Speak up." My voice started to rise.

"It was...um...it was Paige."

"Wait. What? I thought she left Manhattan."

"She did. But she came back."

"So, you ditched me...for that bitch?"

"I'm sorry."

"Right. You should go home."

"I'm sorry, I am. It all happened so fast. I thought I wouldn't have to face her again, we wouldn't have to face her again." He said.

"So did you mention that we're together?"

"Um, forgot to do that."

"Convenient."

"I'll do it. I swear."

"And now since you're here, I made you sandwich, but FYI, this isn't made out of love."

"Uh, thanks."

"I still don't understand why you had to lie to me."

"She kissed me."

"I'm sorry, WHAT?"

"Babe, I'm really really sorry, she kissed me."

"Get out."

"Seriously? Babe, it wasn't tongue and I pushed her away after two seconds."

"You kissed her. First, you lied to me, and then you kissed her? I can't deal with you."

"Baby, I'm sorry, I'm really really sorry, I stopped it. I don't even know how it happened, it was so fast."

"How did it happen, huh?"

"I hugged her and before I could pull away, she kissed me, I know you're mad, but I'm sorry, really."

"I, I don't know what to say."

"I am sorry, you know I wouldn't initiate it, it all happened so, so fast, and I pushed her away, I promise. You should believe me."

"It won't happen again?"

"I swear."
There was a long pause, we said nothing to each other. No word was uttered until Alex decided to give up.
"I have to go, I have tryouts today evening. Let's not waste what few minutes we have together."