•29•

I think, I think my mom hates Alex. Does she really hate him? No way, my mom, she can't hate him. She can't hate the guy I love. The guy I'll always love. It's important to have her like him. Anyway, I've been going to Alex's most to time. We just sleep together, like not sex, just a little bit of kissing and cuddling. I don't know why it's so good. I forget all my problems when I see him.
So today, I was still sleeping like not really, I was half asleep but I knew he was up. He kept staring at me. He moved the hair strand falling and caressed my face.

"I love you so much Faith. You've got no idea of the amount of love I have for you. You get the best out of me. I just wish you knew how much I love you." He kissed me on my forehead and left. I didn't show any reaction on my face because I was supposed to be sleeping. But there was like a myriad of feelings gushing inside me, dying to come out. Oh my my.
And then after five seconds, I smiled. My cheeks flooding with red colour. I got up, and sat again. I couldn't stop smiling. His words kept repeating in my mind. And with every passing word, my face turned redder.
I decided it was time to surprise him. Get him in the mood. Be the best girlfriend ever.
I went to his house when he was out with his dad. Some father son bonding. I talked to his mother about how I want to surprise him.

"Okay honey, what do you want to do?" Mrs. Flynn asked.

"I have prepared for a date on a yacht."

"Oh my god, that's so thoughtful of you."

"Um, thanks."

"But why suddenly?"

"Um, I guess, I just want to show him how much I love him plus it's our anniversary."

"Oh honey, he already knows how much you love him, but sure. I'm more than willing to help.

"I am aware of that but I still want to show him that."

"Aw, that's cute."

"Um thanks I guess."

"Okay, so tell me the plan, I'm all ears." She said rubbing her hands. She always gets very excited for things like this.

"So, I am going to place a few candles on the bed with a card that reads where to find me. And for that, I'll need you to make sure that he finds the place. I will text you the full address. He will find it though but if only he can't."

"Oh, it's okay! It's alright. I'll do my part."

"Actually you have one more part to play."

"Go ahead."

"I want to do it right now..."

"But I don't know when will he be back."

"Exactly, if it's okay with you, I need you to tell him that I need him. Very urgently. That I'm in his room. Maybe you can make an excuse. Probably like I am sick or something."

"Yes, sure. Anyway, I want to spend some quality time with his father, too. He's been so busy in work, I've been busy in work. So I'm all okay with it."

"Ahem, thank you. I'll just go up and set it."
I went up, I set the candles and then on a piece of paper, I wrote "Where to find me - 40°37'22.0080'N and 74° 1'.52.7088'W."

•••

I read my mom's text and I had to leave. So I reached home in a rush while dad went to the bakery to get some muffins.
I went to my room and saw all these candles with a note. I was already in a suit so, I googled the longitude and latitude Faye gave. It was near Manhattan, just a few minutes away. I took my dad's car and rushed over. It were the docks. There was nothing but a yacht. So, I decided to go up there because I wanted to check if this was the location. There she was lighting the candles around a table filled with my favourite food. She didn't know I came just yet, I stood there for a minute, just to admire the view, just to admire her. Her hair one side behind her ear, the other side, just falling perfectly with her perfect minimal makeup, her beautiful eyes and those dimples. Her yellow tube dress falling down her waist till her knee. All of it, the yacht, the food, the candles, her, all of it was indescribable. She adjusted the plate a little before she noticed me. I cleared my throat.