#20

*edited*

Kendyn Emery:

(Few hours before shit went down.)

I came back to my new place after leaving my Rose behind with the dog. I really wanted to stay but I had to sort a few things out at the house to that when she came over it didn't look like a battlefield but more like a proper home.

Once I finished taking care of the last boxes I look around pleased with what I had done. I even set up some of Roses's things that I knew she loved and needed to survive, even a sweet stash. I had bought her new clothes for when she stays at my place and some other girly shit like nice throw pillows and stuff like that. All that so mi Rosa can feel at home.

Home, with her, I like the sound of that.

That trip for her birthday really brought us closer and I can't imagine a day without her by my side. I still had the box with the ring that I got at the flea market. I opened it at took a look at the emerald green engagement ring that belonged to her great-grandmother Rowena. Not the one with her initial, another one that the old lady showed me when I returned to her stool when I left Rose in the car.

I can't wait for the day when I ask her to be my wife and start a family with her. I know we are super young and we have all the time in the world but I want to be one of those couples that get married young and when people ask how long they are married we reply '70 years' or some shit like that.

I was brought out of my revery when I got a call from my mother.

"¡Hola mama!"

"!Hola hijo! How is my boy today?" she asked switching back to English.

"Good mama, never been better." I sighed thinking about my girl.

"Is it that little Rosa you are dreaming about isn't it?" I could almost see the smile on her lips, she always really liked Rose when she met her when we were younger.

"I always dream about her mama. I love her." I honestly said, there was no point hiding anything from that woman even if she was in another country she still found a way to know everything about my life.

"Ohh my baby is in love!" she cooed.

"Si, mama, la amo muchísimo." I heard her squeal from the other end of the phone.

"How is abuelo?" I asked changing the subject even if I love talking about Rose, it was a little weird to do so with my mum since she always got way too excited about my love life.

"He's doing good, he's steady. Still running things over here like it were the army but he is doing fine. He sends his best wishes." I hummed.

"Hijo, I need a favour." I knew this tone, this meant she already did what she is asking me to do.

"Yes, mama."

"I have this friend, her daughter, Marisol, wants to make it big in America. So I said that you could help her out."

"And what does 'help her out' stand for?" gosh, I feel something bad coming up.

"I may have told her that you could let Marisol stay with you and that you would be there for her for anything she needs. You remember Marisol right? She was there when you came last" she spoke out really fast. Of course, I remember Marisol, she always tried to get into my pants, a real stalker.

"WHAT? mama, I can't!" I spoke on the phone.

"I'm sure you will baby, she should be there any minute now." sure enough, the doorbell rang.