#12

song of the chapter: 'hoodie' by Hey Violet.

*edited*

Rose Mortimer:

I went up to my room and decided to spend a little sister bonding time with the twins.

"So girlies! What should I wear tonight?" both Amelia and Annora were sat on my bed looking at me try on different dresses.

"Damo said to wear comfy clothes," Annora spoke up walking up to me and gave a look at her twin who nodded.

Sometimes they give me the creeps with their twin telepathy. Annora came out of my closet holding a pair of joggers, a crop top and an old sweater that I forgot I ever owned.

"Here wear this." she shoved the clothes in my hand. I placed the rest on a chair and picked the hoodie up.

"Where did you find this? I totally forgot I had it." I asked in aw at the hoodie with the chewed strings, the cigaret burns. I smelt it and it still smelt like him after all this time.

"It was right at the back of one of the drawers." she shrugged joining her sister on the bed, both of them grinning at me.

I stepped into my bathroom for a quick shower and slipped on the joggers, top, and hoodie. I remember wearing this all the time he was gone. I came out and sat on my bed with the girls who put a Disney movie on. I gave them my hairbrush and they started french braiding my hair, one side each. I sat and looked myself in the mirror, the Burgundy red hoodie that held lots of memories from him. I hope that when Kendyn sees me in it he will remember it's his.

There was a knock on my door and Wolf's head popped in.

"You have been summoned downstairs." he smiled at me as I hugged the girls and thanked them for all their help before I slipped on a pair of flip-flops and walking to the living room.

I spotted Damon talking with Kendyn who was in a pair of dark sweats, a white wife beater but he had his leather jacket that was covering his muscular, tattooed covered arms.

"Hey!" I called out walking up to the both of them and soon finding myself enveloped in a pair of strong arms.

"The big reveal will be soon I just need to finish up some details," Damon said before walking off. I turned around in Kendyn's arms.

"He told you to wear comfy clothes?" I asked looking at his outfit keeping my eyes on him longer them necessary.

"You done checking me out? Yes, he texted me telling me to stay simple and comfy." he placed his hands on my hips and looked me in the eyes.

"That's my hoodie you're wearing," he smirked playing with one of the strings.

"Maybe... Annora found it, I forgot I even had it." I blushed tugging at the sleeves.

"Well, you still look really good in my clothes." he kissed my cheek and nodded at someone behind me.

"It seems to be all set." I nodded as he took my hand and led me to the garden.

The rose garden was covered in fairy light and electric candles. There was a white sheet wrapped around the two trees. In front of it, a few feet away was a sort of improvised fort of quilts and pillows.

"Wow," I whispered my eyes meeting Kendyn's who mirrored my expression.

"I hope this makes up for my shitty attitude." Damon stood there setting up a movie, rubbing the back of his neck.

I ran to him with open arms as he picked me up hugging me tightly.

"Thank you, Damon, I forgive you." we hugged again for a little while before we pulled away.

"I love you my little Roro." he kissed the top of my head.

"Me too big brother."

"Well, I guess I'll leave you guys on your date. Hurt her and you'll have to deal with not only me but the whole gang." Damon warned Kendyn who gave him a serious look.

"Never. If I were to hurt her I would hand you the gun." I rolled my eyes at their seriousness.

"Ok guys, we get it. I really want to eat sour patches in front of movies cuddle into my man's arms." I tapped my foot before taking Kendyn's hand and dragging him to the fort with my brother's chuckle in the back before the sound of the door closing.

"So your man hey?" Kendyn addressed once we sat down and he sat me between his legs.

"Well, I didn't know what else to call you." I blushed looking at his chocolate brown eyes.

"You can call me that all you want mi Rosa. I want to do things well. But first, let us eat a bit and enjoy the movie first." I nodded getting a little more comfortable in his arms.

We watched two more movies in each other's arms, a few kisses were exchanged, jokes and stories.

"I remember stealing this hoodie from you before you left and I slept in it every night because I missed you. I had the biggest crush ever on you and I always thought that we would be like we are now. Turns out my wish came true." I took his hand in mine playing with our intertwined fingers.

"I've always had a crush on you too, but you were so innocent, so pure and I thought that I would taint you with all the bad things I've done but I can't stay away from you." he ran his thumb over my cheek, looking deeply into my eyes.

"And for that matter-" he couldn't finish his sentence because the outdoor sprinklers came on.

We both hopped up from our seat on the floor and stood there under the water getting us wet to the bone.

"ROSE WILL YOU BE MY GIRLFRIEND?" he yelled over the noise of the sprinkler.

"YES!" I screamed back jumping into his arms as we kissed under the sprinklers as the movie the notebook played in the back of the scene where they kiss completely wet. It was like we were the characters in the movie. I laughed at that.

As if my love life would be a romantic novel or movie worth. But at this moment in time, all was just right. I could hear the cheers coming from inside the house. We both laughed still in each other's arms.

"Get back in here kids before you catch a cold." my mum's voice rang from the door. We both ran into the house as towels were handed to us to dry ourselves off.

"Go change and take a warm shower. SEPARATELY." my dad sternly pointed at the both of us.

After our separate showers, we stayed in my room to finish the movies we were watching.

Before long I felt my self-drift to dreamland, safe in the arms of my boyfriend. It's still weird to call him that but it feels right.

"Sweet dreams Bellisima Rosa."

____________________