#14

*edited*

Rose Mortimer:

Kendyn drove us back to the house he kissed the top of my head and said that he will be back tomorrow morning with my present. I was sort of glad he left because I didn't want him to see me any more broken then I am.

I took my shoes off and headed up to my room and changed into something a lot more comfortable which consisted of a pair of joggers that I stole from Wolf and the hoodie that Annora found a few months back.

"Knock, knock. Can I come in princess?" I saw my mum's head peek through my door.

"I have a cuppa tea." she smiled coming further into my room handing me the hot beverage and sitting next to me on my bed swinging her arm over my shoulder.

"Do you want to talk about what happened?" our eyes met and I could see that she was worried about me.

I took Carter's death badly even if I was only very young I have very vivid memories of him, that and all the photos that I have of him in my room and around the house.

"It was just too much in one go. I just needed a breather from the house, I needed to see him." I cupped the mug and took a sip after blowing on it.

"I know baby girl. We all miss him and I know you needed a moment to yourself." she held me close to her. I am so lucky to have her as my mum, I know it hasn't always been easy every day.

"There was a man there. He left flowers." I frowned remembering the familiar looking man but still couldn't put a finger on who it was.

My mum sat up a little straighter looking down at me.

"A man you say?"

"Yeah. Around yours and dad's age, I think. Blue eyes, fair hair... he looks.. familiar." I looked over at my mum and I saw her face become pale before turning into her normal smiley face.

"I'm sure it's nothing love, Carter was loved by many and we are in his hometown, I wouldn't be surprised if some of his old classmates from before he was in our business went to visit him every now and then," she said running a hand lovingly in my hair but I couldn't shake off the feeling that there was something more but since I was tired of today's events and that I had a birthday beach weekend with Carrie, Damon, Kendyn, Wolf, Ryder, Carter and Jimmy.

"I'll leave you to rest my baby and tomorrow we will have lunch with your grandparents and then you will have to pack all the things you need for this weekend. Dad booked the villa and if there is a problem remember there is Ray's family near." I nodded my head giving her my empty cuppa.

She kissed my head and left the room. I picked up my phone to see a text from Kendyn that made me smile again.

"Goodnight Bellisima Rosa. I hope you have sweet dreams, I know I will because you are in them. Remember I have a surprise for you tomorrow. Sleep tight ❤️❤️❤️"

"Sweet dreams to you too. I know I will sleep peacefully with you in my mind. But I would prefer to be in your arms...❤️❤️❤️"

"Soon mi Rosa, soon...❤️❤️❤️"

I put my phone on charge and turned my light off before dosing off thinking about my man and this said surprise.

***************************

Asher Mortimer:

After Rose ran out we all took our turns reading the letter Carter wrote for her years ago. I know it's invading her privacy but I knew she wouldn't mind us reading it.