Tears cloud your vision.

You: Ethan help me

E-tan: What's going on? Are you ok!?!

You: A man pulled up after you called, said his name was Father Peter and that you had sent him to come and pick me up because you were caught up with work

E-tan: Please dont tell me you did what I think you did...

You: I thought that because you told me to keep a look out and you might look different, that was your subtle hint at a goof that you were sending someone else

E-tan: Where are you!?!

You: In his car

E-tan: Oh my god, (Y/N)! Jesus fucking christ! Is it possible for you to call me?

You: I'll sneak an earphone in so that I can hear you, but I wont be able to talk, you should be able to hear him

E-tan: Good, try to get him to tell you where you are right now, Im on my way

You: You shouldnt be on the phone while driving Ethan

E-tan: I'll have it in the passenger seat on speaker, I wont be holding it, I'll be fine

You quickly plug one of your earphones in your ear and call Ethan.
You clear your throat "Father Peter, Im terrible with time and I completely zoned out just now, how long have we been driving?"
He chuckles, and you shudder at the sound "Only about five minutes, child. Not much further to your friend, Ethan." Father Peter changes the subject "What was the last sin you committed?"
You're thoughtful for a moment, you should go along casually with whatever he says to avoid suspicion until Ethan gets to you "My last sin was probably with my ex boyfriend."
Father Peter's voice grows sharper "Intercourse before marriage is disgusting, do you consider yourself some sort of whore!?!"
You can hear Ethan breathing heavily in his car, and you can tell how angry he is.
You shake your head "I didnt have sex with him, at least not voluntarily. In the Bible, it states that a rapist should be punished by being forced to marry the victim, and I left my ex boyfriend straight after he raped me. That was my last sin." You swallow the lump in your throat, remembering the experience.
Father Peter growls "Should you have just agreed to comply to your master, perhaps you wouldnt have been put in such a situation."
Bright headlights shine in the rearview mirror as a car speeds up behind Father Peter's, rendering him partially blind as he looks in the rearview mirror. While he's distracted, you push the passenger door open, and tuck and roll out of your car, sending you into a patch of grass. You curl into yourself and start crying hysterically, hearing Father Peter's car speed off into the distance, while another car breaks to a stop. Moments later, you're pulled to your feet and straight into a warm embrace.
"You're safe now, it's ok, Im right here, everything's alright, just breathe for me (Y/N)." Ethan's voice is soft and calming, especially in your shaky and crying state.
You cling to him desperately as he holds you, you bury your face in his shirt.
"I-I was so scared!" You cry.
Ethan kisses the top of your head "I know, but you dont have to be scared anymore, Im here, and I'll always protect you. If you hadnt rolled out of the car, I was planning to drive in front of you to pull that car over so I could beat the shit out of that priest prick for all of the bullshit he said to you."
You nod into his shirt "Th-Thank you f-for saving me."
He rubs your back slowly "Anytime babydoll."
You giggle at the petname, which he jokingly called you the day you met in his restaurant "You were late, goofball."
Ethan laughs slightly "Yeah, sorry about that. How about we head back to my place and put on your favourite movie, we can order pizza, and that'll make up for my lateness?"
You nod into his shirt before pulling away from him "That sounds goo-YOUR HAIR!" You screech, seeing his dark brown hair for the first time.
Ethan laughs "THIS is what I meant when I said I look different, I've gone back to my natural colour! What do you think?"
You run your hands through his hair, totally mesmerised "I mean, it'll take some getting used to, and I'll obviously miss your blue hair, but I really really like this colour, it suits you."
Ethan grins "Im glad you like it."
You realise that you're still clinging to him, and you blush "O-Oh god, sorry, I dont wanna make you feel uncomfortable or anything..." You back away from him.
Ethan smiles at you warmly and opens his arms out to you "You never make me uncomfortable, c'mere."
Your blush intensifies as you run back into his arms.
"Seriously Ethan, thank you." You say quietly.
He squeezes your body gently "You dont need to thank me, it's my job as the prince to save the damsel in distress!"
You giggle "Whatever you say sir."
Ethan chuckles and pulls away from you slightly, an arm still wrapped around your shoulders as he leads you to his car "C'mon babydoll, there's a pizza with our names on it calling out to us desperately, and we cant be late!"
You smile up at him "It wouldnt be right! Pizza date?"
He reflects your smile down at you and nods "Pizza date."