122: Jungle 02

A group of black panthers ravaged militants group by group, cornering them into a dead end. Their fearsome growls echoed causing tremor in the militants' heart. But they did not remain cowardly for long, for they have been trained for this situation so many times they had lost count.

Swiftly, the balance between the opposing sides equalized as panic receded.

One man ran towards a black panther, a little smaller than the rest. He did not take the black panther head on, but moved sideways in one swift side step, startling the foe. The black panther immediately turned its attention towards him and barred its sharp teeth, jumping towards his neck, only to have its neck grabbed, enclosed within the man's arms.

He turned his body to ride on the black panther's back, and for a while, the man and the black panther struggled to regain their strength from one another, aiming to overpower the other. However, the man saw his chance briefly and with all his strength, twisted and destroyed the black panther's neck. With one last whimper, the black panther lost the brilliance of its pair of eyes. It limped and collapsed on the cold ground with a thud.

A similar action was executed by others. Not as smoothly, but no fatalities amounted at the end. 

The group of men tentatively separated into smaller groups, anxious to stay away from the far dangerous opponents; their own kind.

The jungle is a huge expanse, enabling hundreds of militants to escape into hiding.

The real challenge of this landscape was finding a place to hide ones presence and attempt unexpected raids. Everyone is clear on the fact that death is an expected outcome once the test begun. Since young, they were tough to follow orders more than their life.

And the order they have lived their life for is to become far more superior than the other. This is a live or die district. Only the capable can lead, and the less capable left for the rats to feast on.

Not for long, the jungle grew more sinister as the sounds slowly cease to exist. An alarm that notes that more than half of their people are left to compete with.

Many expected this outcome, but not how fast things progressed. Within their hearts, a lingering anxiousness sprouted. Something was not right.

Several meters from the entrance, a figure can be seen up the tallest tree, overlooking the decreasing crowd. In her hand, sharp thin wooden sticks were at ready. With one hand hugging the huge bark, while the other holding the sharp wooden sticks, she had the best vintage point for sniping. 

Secretly, she wished she had her toxic coated daggers.

At a distance, there were 25 militants anxiously glaring at one another. They appear to have missed the chance to group up. Being anxious and arrogant, they believe the best man alive has to be a solo player. But Lea disagrees as she continues to observe the pathetic sight.

Working together while the time is ripe can lead to a better outcome, but she also grew aware of their inferior mental capability and thus dismissed her inner disagreement. Even if they grouped up, their thought process is malpractice, which would cause their own downfall.

"A pity." Quietly she whispered, and soon after, 3 militants collapsed on the ground surprising everyone on the spot.

On their head, each one of their eyes were pierced by a wooden stick that's over 5 inches in length. The force pierced into their frontal lobe, leading to their quick death. They could not sense the receding essences from the sticks at all as they were incapable to do so, and could only feel fear. A strong dread driven into their guts. Right away, their target changed and they anxiously looked all over the place, but not above.