61: Deadly Armaments

"I can help you, and you can help me." 

Duran was silent, but he could now understand why and how the person in front of him whose name was Lea could possibly achieve a change for him. But he still was not convinced. "It's still too reckless."

"Izaya will be coming with us, and I have other powerful people behind me that you will be meeting quite soon." Without waiting for his response, she turned around and commanded. "Walk with me." And so he did.

They walked to where Izaya was, and saw his figure adamantly explaining Lea's suggestion to the people who seemed opposed. With a glare, Lea realized her frustration. The people of Chlad were proud of their heritage, and having them pushed to another nation was an insult to their birth.

"If you wish to die, remain. But Izaya shall not remain by your side." She uttered all of the sudden, loud enough for everyone to hear. Her words made Izaya speechless.

"Emperor Oliver can provide you with a temporary place to stay. If you wish to move after recovering yourselves, then so be it." She continued. "Seth?"

She knew he was close by and her words summoned him by her side in an instant. "Yes, Lea?"

"Pen and paper." Her palm in the air, Seth immediately produced her request.

Without waiting for the crowd to voice their own opinions, Lea finished writing a short letter for Oliver. She walked to hand the note to Chlad's Lord. "Present this, and..." Thinking it was not enough evidence of her identity, Lea cut a length of her hair and handed it to the Lord as well, which shook Seth terribly.

He whimpered inside. "............"

"Izaya, we leave now." Was all she said before turning around, leaving Izaya who was confused but obeyed her words. Duran was closely following behind as well. 

When they all arrived in the royal bed chamber, Lea met Liam and Nia's surprised expressions. "We need to hurry." Without another word, Liam and Nia nodded their head. Questions were left for later.

In the far reaches of Ingrid, a huge city named after a king long forgotten, could be seen with its towering buildings. Many civilians were roaming about in every street, busy with their own daily business. They had no idea of what was going on outside their huge city, and they did not seem to care.

The King's generosity to his people became a famous news item all over the different sections of the city. From slums to the marketplace, from middle residential areas to prestigious ones. They were bestowed with cheap goods and new deadly armaments for protection.

Noticing these slow but huge changes, Kiel and Raize couldn't help but fear what was to come. Normal people were now armed with guns that were believed to be beyond their technological capability.

"There's only one source that I can think of..." Raize stated in his deep voice.

"Sabrina...." Kiel said somberly. "The people of this continent can't possibly know the devastation those weapons can bring to this land."

"They don't know that... Not yet..." Her voice low and concerned, Ulla muttered under her breathe. Beside her, Imhe was busy curling her hair with her fingers. 

"Where is Bright?" All of the sudden, Ulla noticed the usual troublemaker was not present in their small meeting. Realizing this, Kiel and Raize immediately looked around with a frown. "Don't tell me...."

"We should not have let him know of what was going on, and how badly it could affect the people! That idiot..." Thinking Bright had gone and stormed towards the palace, Raize was shaking in agitation.