86: Rules of Essences

After the incident in the Woods, Lea, Bright and Oliver were led to the correct path towards the Town of Redfield. When they saw the town, Lea and Bright felt nostalgic, while Oliver was simply amazed at the advancement of the town's livelihood. Further inspection proved them even more bewildered as they saw fruits and materials they did not see anywhere in the Woods.

Brilliant hues for fashion, fresh fruits and vegetables and even little cogwheels for machinery. And most of all, the townspeople all possessed red irises.

"I feel slightly scared now. I mean, Lea's eyes are beautiful, but these guys' stares make me uncomfortable... Can we hurry up and finish our business here....?"

With Bright's words, Lea could only nod, but within her, there was a nagging feeling of wanting to remain in the mysterious town.

"We need to ask someone." Oliver uttered under his breath, as he too was starting to feel uncomfortable. He felt he was the odd one out in the town. The gazes of the townspeople were curious and scrutinizing, but nobody dared approach.

With a nod, Lea casually approached a lady tending her store of fruits. She immediately noticed their presence and a frown flashed on her face. "More trespassers?" Ever since she was born, she had never met anyone outside Redfield. But she was not eager to meet one either. She felt like her privacy was being pried on for every foreign visitor.

Her offhanded remark allowed the three to clarify someone else before them had just recently arrived in town. "What did the person or people before us look like?" Without respect, Lea inquired. She seemed in a hurry.

Despite her upsetting mood, the lady replied apprehensively. "It was only one, and he went to the Lord's house." As she said so, she pointed at a house adjacent to where they were. With a nod, Lea gave her thanks to the Lady, throwing a gold ring in the air.

Lea and co. were supposed to be foreign visitors, which should cause the lady to wary and feel concerned over having them meet her Lord. But alas, she simply did not care. Her life in Redfield has always been peaceful, causing her to neglect vigilance.

Oliver was astonished, but otherwise remained quiet. He gave Lea the jewelries to use, and it was her decision however she spent them away. Although he felt slightly sad. He wanted to see Lea with the jewelries on.

The lady was immensely happy for the new trinket. She even waved them goodbye so affectionately.

The next moment, Lea was knocking on the town Lord's door. After the 10th knock, the door finally opened, revealing Victor in his untidy form. He looked like he was missing sleep and regular meals. But upon seeing Lea, all the fatigue on his face disappeared in a flash. One could only wonder if he was ever tired at all.

Stepping out of the house and opening the door wider, Victor jumped towards Lea with his heavy muscular physique. "....I'm glad you were able to overcome the Woods." He simply said as he hugged Lea, wrapping one of his free hand around her waist, while the other was stroking the back of her head. Like a baby, she was being handled with so much care and loving affection. All the while, Bright was holding himself back from separating the two, and so did Oliver. But both of them knew how it felt being separated from Lea for too long. Upon that realization, their eyes flashed a glint of realization. They then looked into one another's pair of eyes, a frown playing on their forehead. "......Don't give me that look." Was all Oliver said to Bright's accusing gaze.

They both realized they were not the only ones falling for Lea. While Bright considered her important to him, he was slowly realizing he wanted to be more than what they currently were. Slightly feeling shame, he looked to the side, avoiding the brief reunion by the door.