98: A Cry For Change

The sky was a complete darkness. Neither ghost stars nor the twin moons lit any creatures' path. The clouds have covered the sky above.

But Lea, in her lonesome, intently gazed above.

'What are you thinking?'

She did not glance to Victor who tried to pry her thoughts, instead, she closed her eyes to the world.

["I found him."]

'Who do you mean?'

She simply smiled, a little triumphant smile.

Although confused, Victor remained still as he bore his soft gaze on Lea's beautiful form. She appeared ethereal in the darkness. Like a dim light inextinguishable.

And true to his thoughts, a couple of rabbits drew close, attracted to Lea's dim glow. Fireflies then joined the magical moment, and after a minute, deers, owls and frogs bare witness to such sight. They came to offer their warmth to Lea who seemed part of nature they dwell in.

The gathering did not stop there, and soon after, wolves, leopards and lynxes welcomed Lea with their warm paws. Victor was astonished at the sight.

Unbeknownst to him, Lea was becoming more and more out of the world, or quite literally part of a deeper layer of their world.

When she briefly smiled, her dim glow extended to the friendly animals. The essences in the air flowed like water, from one organism to another. They were all connected like tree roots and Lea was the tree. When Victor attempted to join, he was welcomed with serenity.

He felt his world at peace, and no desires within him could be felt. He felt as if he was being one with everyone else, and that made him feel comfortable to the core. His soul quivered at Lea's gaze. Then he felt himself devoured when she revealed a smile. He was connected to her.

The moment lasted for another few minutes until rain came down to wash away their peace. In an instant, the animals ran way towards their shelter.

He looked at her dripping face, her hair slowly turning black. It glistened in the darkness. Her ruby eyes then lit with brilliance, and all around them the droplets stopped. However, he could see the rain normally falling several feet away from where they were.

He knew Lea had controlled a portion of their range. She appeared playful, and that was when he learnt, she was simply absorbed at testing out the possibilities of essences with her brilliant mind. He predicted she would never stop playing around with the notion until there was no more to see.

He was fascinated by her mind, heart and soul. With his aquamarine eyes, a dim light aglow. Unbeknownst to him, the essences have changed something within him as a mighty beast, son of the Mighty Berserker. His father has bestowed him something he could never ask.

Suddenly, he noticed Lea stir. Her lower lip quivered ever so slightly. Then she looked at him horrified. ["Vic...."] She called.

He was anxious at the emotions in her ruby eyes, and he knew he wouldn't like what he would hear.

["Your father...."]

The droplets of rain rained over them once again. '.......'

He was quiet. The magical moment earlier forgotten, and now replaced with a sad rain. With his gaze lowered, Lea couldn't see a tear fall.

However, she felt his heart ache. In an instant, she was comforting him in the rain. They were quiet. Only the rain drowned Victor's sadness.

His father might have never spent time with him, but he longed to see him. From what he heard of his father from the Town of Redfield, his father was not simply part of Sabrina's Apostle due to greed. He was fighting against a force so great. His father sacrificed his time for his family to protect them. Victor understood that much. Illson made him understand as such.