83: Redfield

Screening the surrounding naked trees for any sign of Lea, Victor felt his heart beat loudly much like the first time he thought he would never meet her again. Increasingly by the second, he could feel his heart beating out off his chest. Louder and more painful each time.

Call it love at first sight or whatever, but ever since he first laid his aquamarine eyes on Lea's royal gaze, he could never forget about her ever since. Enhanced by the fact that she was not just strength and brawl, she was smart and compassionate as well. Much like the essences, Victor is attracted to Lea as if his meaning in life depended on it.

His aquamarine eyes darted from one corner of the trees to behind the lifeless shrubs. The mist was turning to fog, and his vision became even more and more obstructed. He gulped, and he could feel his throat parched.

A sound so shaky was then heard, "L-Lea......" A glint of liquid slid down from his eye. Oblivious to him, his emotions have gone haywire. Realization dawned on him that without Lea, he didn't know what next to do.

He left home to follow her. He chose the life of a beast to be with her. And he desired nothing but to always watch over her. He clenched his hands white. His canines growing longer, causing the edges of his mouth to bleed.

With a growl, he ran towards the centre of the island. No sign of her everywhere. The fog was so thick that Victor couldn't see his own feet, but he couldn't stop running.

Never feeling out of breath, and without his speed faltering, Victor reached the end of the island. No sign of Lea. He winced and with all his might, cried. "Woooooaaarrrr!!"

For the first time, he didn't know where she was.

• • •

With the blazing heat scorching his skin, Bright felt extreme pain. No wind, just the hot sun shining on him. He could feel his sweat wetting him like a level ten sauna. He struggled to breathe.

His vision beginning to blur, he continued to crawl. He was over the limit. Determination was his only driving force left.

Then he heard a sound, but he couldn't have had the strength to look nor expect anymore. The sound grew louder and louder until it was to the point of recognition. 'Machine... Engine...Roars.' He thought. But next he knew, he had collapsed.

• • •

"You are one pathetic Crown Prince. You really don't have the qualifications to rule my Country, but everybody has got to have a chance. Just that, not everyone can succeed and you're doomed to fail. That's what you are."

- - - -

"Stop looking like that. What are you good for? Nobody is gonna pay attention to your music, Trust me. Zhen is the son of dragon, remember? Run along now, you are not needed here."

- - - -

"You visited your mother again? You're growing more and more like her. Coward and weak. Not a backbone, and that's why you shouldn't even be here. Have you heard what others were telling about you? They say you don't have any vision. They see you only wasting your time, and on what? Tea houses and the like?? Pathetic!"

- - - -

"Did you really think your presence makes a difference? No, so don't ever open your mouth again. Your opinion does not matter!"