94: A Brighter Spectrum

"Put the gun down."

With a raised brow, Lea turned to look at Bright.

"I said, put the pitiful beast meat down! You've been eating too much. Noooo!" He cried.

Glancing at the skewered meat in her hand, she frowned. "Wut are you talking about?"

"THAT! That meat was supposed to be for our breakfast tomorrow. But you are eating it for a snack!"

Staring longingly at the meat, Lea was reluctant to put it down. With a pout, she resumed her watch in the night. Victor at her side was already asleep, and was silently snoring on her lap. While Ashe is checking out their path for the morrow.

Bright puffed out his chest like a proud man. "Good. Here, a blanket for you." As soon as he stowed away the meat, he brought her a thick blanket and laid it over her shoulders. "You'll get sick if you don't properly warm yourself. The weather here seems to be more colder than in Ingrid."

Glancing at his matured face once again, Lea could not help but smile softly. "You've grown. Have you always been this thoughtful of others?"

Her query was unusual as Bright never thought Lea would be interested about him at all. But now, she was getting to know him. He gave her a beaming smile.

"Sort of, but I sometimes don't act on them. Like your personal space for example." He uttered under his breathe with a wink, which caused Lea to smile. He appeared silly, but she knew it was all an act.

"You try too hard, Bright. Settle down and get some sleep."

At her reminder, Bright gave his nod and laid down on the area where he laid a thin blanket to save himself from dirt. It was not far from Lea's sight. And as soon as he closed his eyes, he drifted off in an instant. It had been a long day.

They arrived at Sabrina late in the afternoon, and only Ashe was their navigator as they did not posses a map of the continent. All the while, Lea could feel a tingling sensation of where her friends currently were.

Ulla in the farthest east. Raize, her brother, Seth and Nia were not far from the Avalon. The continent was less dangerous, but she decided to stay on guard for a while.

Instead of beasts, what met them were familiar small animals. Plants were strange, but otherwise, none have eaten them alive.

Ashe told them there was nothing to worry about besides the humans themselves. But Lea wondered where the Spirits have gone. There were barely any clues concerning Ingrid in the last continent. She was hoping to find more clues in Sabrina and from Sabrina herself.

Her ruby eyes darted from the sky to the ground, and on the horizon line. From left to right, the scenery foretold her that there was no need to be so guarded.

"Meow..." Hey, Lea! You've been ignoring me since a long while. WHAT is up with you?!!

She heard the cat say, but instead, she turned her head towards the opposite direction. Meanwhile, her free hand reached out for Victor's fluffy ears that made sharp twitches with her touch. He heaved a sigh in his sleep, and moved to bury his face into her stomach even more. His bushy tail swayed a little.

"Meow!!" Don't you dare ignore me! WHY? Why??? You are the only one who can understand me! ANSWER ME!"

In silence, Lea quietly said, ["You've read your books... You should know how to speak, Imhe. Stop acting like a cat when you don't like being petted........"]

Imhe's cat-like eyes widened in bewilderment. Suddenly, she felt a shiver on her back. "Meo--- F-Fine! I-I'll just go... a-and check h-how Ashe is doing... meow.."