38: Dethroned the Emperor

Swiftly and with haste, Lea and Seth found themselves done with their supposedly dangerous mission. With three high ranking officials suddenly dead in three consecutive nights, Mingzhe Dei citizens grew anxious and nervous. It was especially true for the richer households.

"Are we gonna be next?"

"What did those three do anyway?"

"They were all part of the Emperor Faction, could the assassins be part of the Prince Faction?"

"Possibly! Screw the prince, our lives are more important!!"

"Yeaaa!! Emperor all the way!!"

"I was part of the Prince Faction, but after the recent incidents, I think I'm gonna stay away from either of the two."

"Why?? If the Emperor Faction is risky, why not remain in the Prince Faction where you don't have to worry about being assassinated at night?"

"The Emperor is no good, but if the next ruler is someone who can easily send someone to their death... It's like handing myself to someone with a knife behind my back!!!"

"Eeeeek!! You are right!!"

Gossips continued to grow like wildfire. Neither the reputation of the Emperor nor the Prince's were spared. But to Lea, it was important to have Oliver as the next ruler. As much as she didn't consider the game plot real, she could see how Oliver could become a responsible and a well-liked ruler if given the chance.

Thus, with her thoughts, she discussed her future plans with Seth. And although he had preconceptions concerning her end goal about Shadows Organization, he obliged.

Within the next few days, Seth gathered the necessary documents Lea wanted him to collect from several sources. While Lea herself joined the gossip mongers and spreading true-false rumors concerning the Emperor and the Prince.

(L) "I heard the Emperor is connected to an underground organization that wants to incite war!!"

"WHAT??!! I thought it was the Prince who had assassins behind his back?"

(L) "Someone saw several battalions under the Emperor's orders. He is ready for war."

"Nooo.... We got to stop it!! My child is still young.."

"Yes, yes. No wonder the Prince had to resort to killing those damned high ranking officials."

"How do we change the Emperor's mind? We are just normal civilians!"

(L) "What is an Emperor without his people?"

"That's true. That's true. We should continue to support the Prince actively!!"

"I'm with you!! I'll bring whatever I have and provide everyone with food."

"And I with shelter. Everyone should work hard together to prevent the war from involving Mingzhe Dei!!"

"Yea, yea!! Let's work hard, guys. And someone should check out that damned battalion."

"I'll gather the young men with me and clarify how many men the Emperor have gathered."

"Good, good. We have to overthrow the Emperor"

"Replace him with the Prince!!"

"The Prince. The Prince"

"Prince!! Prince!! Prince!"

Lea went around the city spreading such gossips amongst the people until 87% of Mingzhe Dei's population was in support of the Prince. In merely a week, the Emperor felt his throne threatened by the shouts and demands of his people.