26: Frigid Seduction | 1 |

With Ulla's devised plan, the group was split to 2.

Raize was not pleased, but was eventually persuaded by efficiency. The boys group then left for the capital to ensure Izaya's household properties, and confirm his current status. 

While Ulla and Lea would tackle Oliver and the heroine. 

"I refuse." 

"Lea, I thought you are no longer gonna run away?" Ulla uttered out loud.

"Affection is not my forte. Disguise does not suit well with me. Why not you?"

"Because I'm not you. Oliver clearly sees you as more than you think he does."

"I... refuse!" A slight panic swam within Lea's pair of ruby eyes as her lips paled.

"Very well then! If you are gonna keep acting this way, suit yourself. But you'll drag everyone into a troublesome situation if you don't do your job. You are in it already. You must see it to the end." She said while heaving an exasperated sigh. Her gaze on Lea was hard and expectant.

Lea challenged Ulla's gaze only to feel the pressure of someone with higher authority than herself. She wondered how and why. After several seconds of the gazing battle, Lea surrendered her will.

"I'm not amused by this."

"Obviously." Ulla replied, already devising how to lure Oliver into their plans. "I'll need you to do every single thing I say."

"........."

"Got it?"

"........" With a tired sigh, Lea bobbed her head.

"Good. Now, let's begin Operation: Capture Crown Prince Oliver!" She exclaimed with her fist in the air. Her eyes blazed with a fury nobody had seen before.

"Why must we leave them, guys?" Bright uttered as he followed Raize and Izaya towards the capital. Hamsphant refused to distance itself from Lea. So the pitiful trio had to travel by foot.

"We need to make sure we have a place to stay in after their work, so let's speed things up. I'll use body fortification to strengthen my legs, while I carry Izaya. You do yours." Cold and domineering, Raize commanded.

Still, Bright was worried every time Lea was away. He had almost died more than once without Lea around only to be saved by her as soon as she came. Unbeknownst to him, he had unconsciously depended on Lea's strength and felt restless every time she was a few miles away.

Although he could try improving himself.

Raize, on the other hand, felt like he lost his conversation partner who understood his thoughts more than the others. Over the course of their journey, Lea had been constantly the person he sought to converse concerning certain educational topics. The subject might sound boring, but for Raize, it was the most interesting discussion he would rather be a part of. A joy he recently found to be worthwhile keeping.

Operation: Capture Crown Prince Oliver

With instructions from Ulla, Lea was to gently ambush Oliver and his parade. She was tasked to get to know Oliver, and become friends with him as they journey to the capital Chlad. And at the same time, Ulla shall join her and she was to determine what kind of person the Heroine was.

"....I feel cheated."

"Ohhh shut it." Ulla couldn't help but start feeling irritated at Lea's negative view in approaching people for conveniences. "You need to develop your social skills." Was all she said to Lea who had put the current event into one of her fears.