S1: Oliver (1)

I'm Oliver York. And I'm actually the Crown Prince of Mingzhe Dei.

From whence I remember, father Emperor and I have always hated each other's guts.
In my case, it's due to his indifference to my mother, which also became the sole reason why I've always been antagonized by my siblings and their mothers.

My mother is one of father's concubines and although she was bestowed a 4th rank, many still consider her lowly. If I can do anything about it, I would have. Unfortunately, being a Crown Prince with its empty title could only do so much.

Ever since I reached the age of 5, I could communicate with beasts.
I later learnt that I did not understand them naturally.
The beasts were drawn to my essence skills from my musical affinity, which likely made it possible for me to sense their emotions.

However, as much as it was easy for me to find some peace with beasts, it could not be said the same with most humans I mingled with. 

Their emotions are far more complicated than instinct alone, and they have schemes hidden behind their false persona. I can never fully trust anyone having been brought up in such a treacherous environment.

Despite the schemers in court, the civilians are innocent.
I usually visit the tavern, the tea houses or entertainment buildings to mingle with the lot. They are far more comfortable to spend time with than the masquerade in the Palace. 

Of course I had to pretend as another fellow commoner everytime I escape the palace walls!

•  •  •  •  •  •   ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ 

One day, I had heard from the Flowery Teahouse that a group of marauders seem to be laying out trouble in the Inky Forest. It's a forest full of herbivores, but it did not mean they weren't dangerous. And if the rumors are true, it meant many gatherers and explorers could die if left alone.

Feeling adventurous, I decided to venture the Inky Forest.

But instead of meeting the infamous marauders, I encountered a girl who changed everything in my life.

•  •  •  •  •  •   ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭  

Having been ignored by father Emperor since I could remember, being given the cold shoulder was something I've always been good at dealing with. Hence when Lea, the girl who saved me in Inky Forest, acted like I was some sort of plague, I did not mind it very much. That's until I spent more time with her...

I escaped the palace at every opportunity just to see a glimpse of her. 

I want her to recognize me. 

For her to exchange interests with me. 

To spend some time together.

She might be indifferent and cold, but I noticed it was only to those she didn't know much. Although she is really not easy to get close with, but that's one of the good things about her!

From what I pieced from her friends' conversations, it didn't seem that long since they bonded together. Even then, at least Lea would look at their face when they converse. Me? As I said, she avoids me like plague.

My craving for her attention got to a point I wished I was a furry beast. But alas, being a Crown Prince didn't have those perks either.

Her treatment of me didn't improve very much before she and her gang abruptly left... I couldn't attend the Examination on that day because I was required to take care of official duties. So when I found out, it was already too late.

If I had been there, I would've come along with them too.

But alas, fate deemed it impossible. When next I meet her though, I will cease every chance I get. 

If there is one person I wish to be acknowledged, it's gotta be Lea. 

She saved me when she could have chosen not to.

She stayed with me when she could have left.

She could have slapped me when she found me annoying, but instead, she would remain and wait what I would do. 

She is not an easy girl to handle, but she's the girl who moved me after my mother.

I wish to see her smile because of me.

I want to dedicate a song for her. A song of my longing for her existence.