28: Appearance of High Beast

Ingrid, a world where one can conjure unimaginable environmental manipulation using one's mind. Not very many are compatible with its abundant capability. However, if one were to easily wield it, one would require to posses a vast imagination and a strong mind.

One must think it is "possible" before anything could fully be achieved. Essence manipulation is an extension to the soul. The more experience and knowledge of the world, the better.

ø

"Turn your back away from Chlad. The capital is restless."

Gazing on Lea's ruby irises, Oliver gave a nod. "Yes, okay. My only purpose for coming was to see you anyway, so I'll gladly pull away."

"Be careful in Mingzhe Dei. There are people in the shadows." She said quietly, remembering the night she saw what might seem like a ninja jumping from one roof to another.

Understanding what Lea meant, Oliver felt grateful for the warning. With a smile, he caressed her check only to be slapped away after a second. "Tsk." He said quite amiably. "You seem rather invested to this World Peace more than you let on, dear Lea."

"...Someone said I have to see it to the end."

"Hmm. One of your friends?" He said with a raised brow, which received a nod from Lea.

"Putting them significantly in your head, hmm?"

"......." She simply looked into his cyan eyes with her usual blank canvas expression. But Oliver knew what Lea's response to his offhanded remark was.

"I wish you would come to think highly of me too..."

A frown was then revealed on Lea's face. "You are strange."

Upon hearing her words, Oliver felt a passing pang in his chest. "Strange... I'm not sure. But if being strange meant I can achieve what I desire, I'll go all the way." A smirk was playing on his lips, and Lea knew Oliver was dangerous in another sense.

"I'll take my leave now. We've traveled quite a distance, and you need to go back."

"Not even a little longer? For old time's sake, Lea?"

"No." She was starting to feel nervous with Oliver's strong approaches that was getting more and more bold. He was not someone she could do harm...yet.

Before Lea could stand up for a retreat, he had taken hold of her free hand. Dragging her to his embrace, he breathe behind her nape, which gave an involuntary jolt on her.

She was restraining her hands from breaking his neck, terribly, terribly hard. Her essences had gone awry a few seconds later.

"....Let go." Blurted Lea in between gritted teeth. But her expression remained deadpan.

"No. I refuse." He said as he tightened his hold. "Your heart is beating normally, but I can feel it slightly faster than normal." He continued with mirth in his cyan eyes, and a delightful smile.

She surrendered a sigh, leaving Oliver to what he was up to.

"Oh. Now it's calmed down suddenly." He said and landed a kiss on Lea's back despite there having a cloth in between, she could still feel his soft mouth gently landing a kiss on her back.

She shook terribly, and immediately thought of disappearing, but it seems essence manipulation did not apply with atom transfer through the air. Using her arms, she removed his hold around her.

"Enough is enough. I'm leaving." Without waiting for his response, she had left the small confine of Oliver's caravan. His lonely figure now alone.