116: It's a bad day for the ruffians!

With two unconscious people, Raize and company decided to keep going towards the capital. Without Lea to teleport them, they had to adjust and manage with simply three Hamsphants. It was found out Lars did not have any knowledge with essence manipulation, but this was not strange in this world.

Leron and the princess were tide at the side of each Hamsphants like luggage. Thus, as the Hamsphant traveled with their four limbs, Leron and the princess could be seen swinging like dolls on the side. When the path was narrow, their skin would be hit by the tree trunks and scratched by thorns.

Ulla could only sigh at how indifferent the rest were, but she couldn't be bothered by them either. Later, she will just patch them up nicely as they still have some uses.

.......

Separated from the main group, Lea continued to borrow the will of essences and Spirits to travel from one place to another in search for Bright and Victor. She did not bother with Ashe as she knew where he was and she didn't need to get him.

There was no special characteristic to make her search easier, so she followed a path, town by town, from where she last left the two. Along the way, she sensed something unusual by the main road. Although it was the main road, it was unpaved.

As she drew herself closer, the more vivid the sounds were.

A yelp was heard and a sharp cry from a girl, as if she was at her wit's end. The urgency and hopelessly were obvious with her tone. Lea walked closer, making sure she cannot be found. She understood the scene immediately.

A little away from the main road, a wooden carriage with a shade made of cloth was tipped over. The cargoes spread all over the place and they were obviously rummaged. Contents consisted of silks and expensive looking stones. A group of merchants were having a very unfortunate day.

Not too far from the carriage, a bleeding man was on the ground. Two ladies were hugging one another in fear, tears painted their faces along with dirt. And another lady was under a ruffian. There were four more ruffians snickering and licking their dried up cracked lips. They were malnourished, but they had enough muscles to carry scimitars.

The lady under the ruffian was obviously the young miss, while the bloodied man who was unconscious was her father. The two ladies at the side shaking were the servants. They were too engulfed with their fear that they forget they should be forcing the ruffians away from their young miss. But not everyone were that noble...

Lea's expression did not change, but she felt herself cold.

"Halt!" She said with indifference. Her voice was not loud, but it gave off unusual feeling to those who could hear. At once, they saw her eyes and Lea could see fear. Was it simply due to her ruby eyes?

"M-Monster!"

?!

The ladies were no exception, they were so scared looking towards Lea's direction that they struggled to hide behind the wooden carriage.

En? Lea wondered. She tentatively looked behind her. Then she immediately understood.

Behind her, several beasts staring with their golden eyes. Their gaze only at her. She faced their direction, wondering why they haven't started attacking yet.

[It appears they are scared.] Whispered Nill.

[Did you release a very strong fart Lea??] Joked Mill.

[.....] Lill was quiet, but Lea could also sense unease about the current situation.

Having these three talk aloud in her head was even worse than when it was only Ingrid. Remembering that particular Living Spirits, Lea cracked a small smile unconsciously.