I was about to stand up and walk over and grab plates since my cake was coming up next when uncle Paul walked over to me and placed in my hand a big square red velvet box.

"What's this?" I asked looking all over the box. There as a folded paper when I opened the box.

I took the paper out, unfolded it and started reading what was written.

My sweet little dove,

Today is the big one eight. I'm so glad I could see you grow up every day and if ever I haven't then let me assure you that I am keeping a close eye on you.

I wanted to let you know that you are so very loved and that you can always come to me and pour your little heart out, I swear I won't say a word. Even under torture.

Well, I will leave you to your special day with your friends and I wanted to wish you a very happy birthday.

Yours truly,

 Love Uncle Carter. Xxx

I folded the letter tears in my eyes. I stood up taking the box with me and I ran out of the house. I ignored the calls from my family and friends and just ran as far as my legs could take me.

Before I knew it I found myself at the cemetery my legs walking to their own accord to a place I haven't been in a while.

"Hello, Uncle Carter." I sat down by his gravestone putting the old flowers off and dusting it making it look better.

"I'm sorry..." my tears erupted again.

"I couldn't stay there after your letter... I just couldn't... I couldn't." sobs racked my body even louder than before I felt a presence behind me.

I turned my head and was met with a man in a grey suit with a blue tie matching his eyes. He seemed to be around mum's age and he had a bouquet of flowers in hand.

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't think anybody would be here." his face held shock as I wiped away my tears.

"It's alright. I just wanted to pay my respects." he laid the flowers on Carter's stone and gave me a curt nodd before straightening up and started turning to walk away.

"Wait." I sniffed standing up and dusting myself off.

"I'm sorry but you seem familiar. Who are you?" I cocked my head to the side inspecting him a little more. He gave me a half smile our eyes locking.

"I'm an old family friend." he just walked off I couldn't follow or ask further questions because I heard a very familiar voice.

"Rosa.." my head snapped in his direction and I turned back to where the man was but he was gone in a flash. I just stood there my mouth agape.

"Rosa.. speak to me." I felt the tears resurface once more.

"I just couldn't..." the damn broke again.

"Shhh, I know. We all read the letter." he embraced me in his arms and ran his hand through my hair. He let me cry in his arms a little more.

"Have you opened the box yet?" he asked brushing some of my fallen hair out of my eyes. I simply shook my head no.

I reached over for the red box that I left on the floor and lifted the cover. My eyes met the beautiful silver locket within its centre held a beautiful emerald green stone, my birthstone. My hand flew to the small pendant I always have around my neck since, well as long as I can remember.

I lifted it from its case and held it in the sun letting it catch the light.

"Here let me help you put it on." I handed the necklace over to Kendyn, I pulled my hair to the side of my neck as I felt the cold of the material on my neck and chest.

"There." he kissed my neck and placed my hair back. I placed my hand where the necklaces were and they fitted perfectly together making the locket chain longer then my first necklace was.

"I think I'm ready to head back to the house now. I hope you took a car with you because I ran here." he laughed at my antiques and helped me stand up leading me to the car he came in.

All the way back I couldn't suppress the image of the man that came and dropped flowers off and my godfather's grave.

Who was he? 

_______________________

hello guys! just a fair warning: 

I'm travelling to the UK this weekend so I don't know when I will be able to write. But I will try my best! 

lots of love and thanks so much for the 2K!!!!!

xoxoxo