Listen To Her Pt 2// Thomas

I walked down the hallway with Y/N, a key card in my pocket.

Over the past week, we've been planning something to see what's inside that room. After hours, we snuck down to the room, sliding the key card and getting inside.

I never thought that it would actually be something like this, I thought it was just an infirmiry.

But no, there were people hooked up to machines, draining them of some kind of liquid. I'm guessing it's some kind of a cure.

Y/N's hand wrapped around mine as a gasp escaped her mouth. 

We looked around, trying to find some kind of evidence that told us what was happening. Suddenly, the door opened and someone walked in. I pulled Y/N down down, hiding.

The guy that saved everyone walked in as someone popped up on the screen.

"Are you sure this can't wait?" He asked the girl on the screen.

It took a second for me to register the face, but it clicked, making me grab Y/N's hand tighter. Ava.

After their interview was finished and they planned to take us and all of the new kids brought in and turn them into test subjects. 

"We have to get out of here." I said, pulling her down the hallway.

***

We were running up the side of a huge sand dun, trying to get away from WICKED before they caught us again.

We got to a warehouse, where we decided it would be safe enough for the night.

"We followed you out here and now and now you're saying that you have no idea where we're going or what we're doing." Newt said.

Y/N stepped in before I could, crossing her arms. "Janson said something about people hiding in the mountain," she said. "Some kind of resistance or army. The Right Arm."

They all disbanded, finding a place to settle down for the night. Y/N sat beside me, her shoulder pressing against mine.

"Hey, I know that everyone else is not that happy about not having a plan but I think you did the right thing," she explained to me. "You saved us all from WICKED."

"I'm glad you think so."

"I mean, you did a lot to get out here," she said. "You had to do something terrible, you had to kiss me, Thomas."

I laughed, turning to look at her. "That was the worst part." 

She smiled.

The first time I've ever seen her smiled.

"That looks nice on you." I said to her.

She looked down at her shirt before looking at me. "What does?"

"A smile."