I'm Better Than You// Mitch

You were an Assassin.

An undefeatable, professional Assassin and you were the only one that was like you.

Until Mitch Rapp came around.

You were suddenly shoved to the backseat, watching as everyone made googly eyes as the brand spanking new assassin that was itching to get his hands on a gun. They wanted him over you, an experienced, clever, intelligent assassin that truly could things done.

Irene Kennedy, your supervisor and boss, was forcing you to meet this new assassin today. You two were being forced to "work together." "Complete an assignment with him."

You were standing outside when the SUV pulled up beside the curb. You got in the passenger seat, sending a smile to Irene. "I am freezing my ass off out here."

"Manners, y/n." Kennedy chuckled, putting the car into drive and pulling off the curb.

"Leave the girl alone," Stan said from the back. "How's your mother, y/n?"

"Still in the Bahamas, can't get her back here," you chuckled, turning back to look at him, catching the eyes of a young, attractive male in the backseat. "I assume that you're Mitch?"

He nodded, sticking out his hand. "Mitch Rapp."

"Y/n Y/l/n." You grumbled, shaking his hand.

"You two are more alike than you think, both of you are strictly business and eager to get blood on your hands, but," Irene explained. "Y/n likes to have fun while Rapp here is still strictly business."

"I don't spend my time worrying about getting caught, that's what you are for," you smiled, nudging Irene. "You guys cover my tracks, I get the job done."

"That seems a bit irresponsible." Mitch said from the back.

"Oh, please, Rapp, you're fresh meat, you gonna be all anyone's talking about."

"Actually," Stan said from the back. "Mitch is off the papers."

"Behind the CIA?" you raised your eyebrows. "That seems a big dangerous."

***

"Rapp's on his knees, I could try to get him out, but he could turn into collateral damage."

"Rapp," Stan said, directing it to his earbud. "Eliminate the target."

"Yes, sir."

You peaked around the corner, watching as Rapp fought the five guys standing around them, eventually killing them all. You revealed yourself, Rapp's gun turning on you.

"Still think you're better than me?" He joked, heading towards the door.

"No one's better than me." You grinned, your shoulder bumping against his.

"Sure, whatever you wan-" a gunshot cut you off, hitting Mitch in the shoulder, knocking him to the ground.

You pulled your gun from your jeans, killing the shooter, kneeling down beside Mitch. "Rapp is down! We need a way out!"

You pulled him to his feet, draping his arm across your shoulders, holding him up. "Come on, Rapp."

He woke up, struggling to keep on his feet. "There's one exit left, but it's out the window, we can get a truck over there in two minutes."

You nodded, shutting and locking the doors behind you, grabbing Mitch's chin, turning him to face you. "Mitch, wake up, you need keep awake, do you hear me?"

You tore off the bottom of your shirt, tying it over his wound in hopes of losing less blood. "We have to climb down, you can't let go of me, do you understand?"

He nodded as you directed him out the window and onto the ledge, climbing in front of him, your body pressed against his. You steadied yourself on the ledge, holding onto the ladder beside you.

"I'm going to go down first, you need to go slow and carefully, all right Mitch?"

He nodded again. You went down the ladder a few steps before holding onto Mitch's feet, directing him downward.

It was a couple minutes before you two hit the ground, gunshots starting to hit the ground beside you. You jumped into the van, pulling Mitch with you.

"He's losing blood, he's gone pale." You said, pressing your hands into his wound.

Mitch's POV

I woke up in the hospital, the lights way too bright and the heartbeat monitor way too loud. I blinked the pain away from my headache and took in my surroundings.

My eyes fell on the girl beside my bed, her feet propped up on my bed, reading a magazine and eating my jello.

"Is that my jello?" I asked her, my voice hoarse and rough with sleep.

"Not anymore." She smiled, taking the last bite.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her, struggling to sit up.

"I don't know," she shrugged. "No one should wake up alone."

I smiled as I sat back, looking at her. "You like me."

"Maybe," she smiled, keeping her eyes on the magazine. "Still better than you, Rapp."