That Went Well// Dave

You went to a party with your friends in hopes of letting loose before finals and trying to live your junior year up to the most it can be.

Since freshmen year, you were strapped down and determined to do great in all of your classes and not go out to parties and have fun, and now, you felt like you hadn't live your high school career to it's fullest and would regret not getting out and having fun while you could have.

So, you started going to parties and hanging out with boys, you started letting loose and having the best of fun. 

But you had a limit.

You had to take a break from the party after you saw you two best friends snort a white line. You could take the drinking and the partying with boys, but there's a point when you draw a line. And drugs was that line, literally.

You went outside after that happened and behind the house in an alleyway, where you saw a boy and a girl fighting over something. You hid behind the entrance and listened.

"Dave, are you insane? You think that I would have feelings for someone like you?" the girl scoffed, inspecting his face. "You're a loser, Dave, I actually have friends and I have a high social status, you're-you're a nobody."

"Jane, please don't say that, you're supposed to be my best friend-"

"No, you're the only person that listened to my stupid complaining and boy problems, you're just another shrink."

"Jane.."

"Goodbye, Dave."

The girl walked away, leaving the boy, who you assumed was Dave, alone and shatter at her words. 

"Well, it looked like that went well."

He turned around, scared at your presence, and he sat down on the ground, resting against the wall. You went over and sat beside him, resting your head against the brick wall.

"Why are you at the party?" You asked him.

He shrugged, running his hands through his hair. "I don't even know."

"What was that whole thing about, with Jane?"

"You were listening?" he sighed. "I was hoping no one saw my rejection."

"I think everyone heard your rejection," you chuckled as he rubbed his face with his hands, groaning to himself. You reached over and rubbed the stranger softly on the back. "It wasn't that bad, you can't be that big of a loser."

He didn't look up at you. "You'd be surprised."

"Do you wanna get out of here?" you asked him. "Parties aren't really my thing and you seem like someone in dire need of a milkshake."

"You madam, are correct."

You smiled, taking his hand and starting towards the diner on the next street over. 

"I'm y/n."

He shook the hand that was already in his and smiled again. "Dave."