Chapter 19

Chapter 19

(A/N Pic: Young Katou)

Katou's POV

It's Christmas Day today... I slept all Christmas Eve and the day before... I probably pushed my self too hard with the mermaid technique.

And the funny thing is when I woke up on my cork board where I write notes to myself and pin up pictures, Zoro had left random sticky notes.

Apparently he checked on me all through out the two days...

The sticky notes said stuff like.

I may have broken one of your weights.

You need to buy more sakè.

You talk in your sleep, who's Claire the Cookie Monster?

Luffy dropped by, he ate almost everything in your pantry, he said he did it all the time so I didn't stop him.

I got lost walking to your house again...

When I read them I feel my heart beat louder than anything.

I put them all in my bedside draw.

I think maybe I should've brought him a tracking device for Christmas...

It's one in the afternoon and Zoro said to come over whenever.
So I might go around five...

Now that I'm awake I can eat and go train.

I ate two cups of ramen noodles (because the only Luffy left was his Christmas present of a kajillion cups of ramen) then went to train.

I lifted some weights (not super weights) slashed some dummy's, 'accidentally' put a hole in the wall...

It was four o'clock so I decided to go back to the house.

I walked past the mail box to see something in it.

It was another parcel, I kind of feel sorry for the mail birds... It must be exhausting carrying that stuff and flying.

I walked inside to open the package. I gasped when I saw who it was from.

Dear Katou and Sanji,

I'm deeply sorry that I didn't visit for Xiou's birthday.
I had other things to attend to with the world government.
You must understand this and remember that I only became a legal pirate for the 'reason'.
I'm also sorry I sent no word for your birthday Katou, so this is for you and Sanji as a gift for Christmas.
I'll visit when I can.

Your uncle,
Hawkeye Mihawk.

Wow... Very uhh 'sentimental', touched my heart... Certainly did...

I looked inside the package and took out a log post.

A log post?

I see, he knows the time is soon.

Our island Nihoji, is quite large and sits just beyond reverse mountain.
So we are quite close to the Grand Line.

This log post was fancy though, an intricate design of wood sitting under the glass ball.
The band was even made of real leather.

How nice of him.

Completely out of character...
I'm mean, he treats us like blood but usually he sends some random present without a letter.
But this one seems more personal, is something going on?

Should I send a letter to Sanji?

I probably shouldn't... He'll want to come back.

Now I suppose I should go to Zoro's... But why do I feel so nervous, it's weird. As if on some other level I know something is going to happen.