(Original writing) ~ Short Story ~

{A/N: this is not a Gravity Falls X Reader One Shot, it is a short story written by me, so skip this if you don't want to read it, but I'd love some feedback!}

**************

Sea always thought of himself as a poet, not the true kind of poet, who writes in empty papers, and desperately attempt to give words meanings they don't have. He couldn't lie, once in a while he'd write ideas down, throw them at lines, hoping for some kind of answer. But in most times, he wasn't that type of poet.

The blue-haired, small boy was the silent type of poet. Poets who don't write. Poets who silently sit, watching the world running by, slowly leaving them behind. Poets who wish to speak, but remain in silence, because words are not enough to reach what they will.

Words are not enough. Not in any language in the world. They're never enough. It was no longer a matter of opinion, but a matter of facts.

Languages were, for the boy, as useless as a bicycle would be to a potato. All languages always lacked something. Some expression, some word, some feeling. Never enough.

Words were not enough for everything he ever felt in his life. Nothing in that planet, that just like him was small and blue, was ever enough for all the feelings someone as tiny had inside their mind.

He silently sat in a desk across the library, he wasn't there to read, to study, God, nothing in Sea's life ever had its expected purpose. He silently sat, and hoped for the peace a silent library could give him.

In fact, peace was not the only attractive thing in the library, (apart from being far from his mother), it was the place he'd always find Winter. He wished to say it was hard to admit out loud, but it wasn't, it was the true reason of why he'd always see himself entering the library by the end of the day.

There was no specific reason of why they didn't sit in the same desk, perhaps it was just Sea trying to sound as poetic and dramatic as he could, the boy couldn't deny, he lived for the drama. After all, Winter was his cousin.

No, not cousin. Adopted cousin. Someone he grew up as a best friend, not as a cousin, or anything. (As a matter of fact, they weren't even best friends, they just always had each other to rely on. If you happen to be wondering, which I believe you do, Sea would want you to be sure that he was adopted).

The boy just genuinely enjoyed to sit there, silently, and do pretty much nothing. He enjoyed to sit there and watch the people, watch how they talked, watch how they moved, mostly he enjoyed trying to figure what was going on in their lives. Trying to figure if everyone's lives seemed as miserable as he considered his. ( Watch out for drama).

But, mostly, he enjoyed being an overall annoyance in Winter's life. He enjoyed the jokes about his name and appearance. Principally the story of how the oldest boy received that name. Winter was a terribly pale kid, with dark blue eyes, and a hair so light, it almost looked white. His parents, somehow, decided it would be a nice idea to name him Winter. It wasn't.

Sea knew how much his adopted cousin hated that name, and how much he hated everything that came within it. Thus, it was one of his favorite jokes in the universe.

You'd think that made Winter love him less, though it didn't. The pale boy doubted anything in the planet could make him, possibly, love Sea any less. "Ok, you've been staring into nowhere for ten minutes straight, Sea, you're starting to scare me," Winter slowly whispered, careful not to make a loud noise in the library, and having the courage to sit in the same desk as the blue-haired.

"Ok," he shrugged, "Oh my fucking Christ, I forgot to tell you! Do you"

"Calm down," Winter giggled, interrupting the boy, "You're talking way too loud, we're in a library"

"Yeah, right. Anyways, you know Fire, right? Jason? The ginger dude?"

"Uh, of course? I mean, didn't he reject you when you were thirteen? Then you came home, and complained about it for weeks?" The tallest boy couldn't hold his laughs anymore.

"I'm going to punch you if you ever talk about it again"

"Ok, ok. Just tell me," he smiled.

"No. I don't want to tell you anymore," Sea replied, dramatically offended, glancing away. He was hoping for some kind of apology.

Though Winter knew the boy well enough to simply ignore it, and turn his attention back to the book.

"Oh, great," Sea started complaining, in his annoyed tone, that was even more annoying for other people to hear, "So the book deserves more attention than I do? Fucking great, Win"

"For God's sake, Sea! We're in a library, I'm supposed to give this book attention. And come on, you said you weren't going to tell me anything anymore, so..." he smirked.

"I can't believe you sometimes. You're an idiot"

"Learned with you," Win shrugged, laughing calmly, "Who said you're the only one who can annoy the other?"

"I'm only talking to you when we get home," he glanced away once again.

After two seconds, which was the longest he could bear to not talk or glance at Winter, the boy remained silent, but searched for the other's hand under the desk, and when found it, made sure to hold it tight.

That time it wasn't a matter to get attention, it was a genuine act. Sea had only few genuine acts. He searched in his mind for the right words to say what he wanted to say, but he couldn't. Again, words were not enough for him.

Then, he simply glanced back at the almost white-haired boy, and smiled, "I really want to kiss you right now"

Winter giggled back, shaking his head, "You're going to get us killed one day, did you know that?"

"No, I always find my way out," he whispered, "And whenever I do, I always take you with me, right?"

"You change so quickly, did you know that?"

"And you never do, which kind of makes us a great team"

"Some disagree"

"Yeah, some do. But the only one who I would care enough if did is you. Do you?"

"No, I think we do make a great team"

"Don't you think "love" is the most ridiculous word in the universe?" He asked, changing subject, "I mean, it's not like it describes anything. It is just there, and, it's just not the right word to describe what I mean"

"You could, you know, just surrender to actual words, and stop sounding like you're in drugs all the time"

"I love you, but I mean much more"

"Yeah, I know what you mean"

••••••••••••••

OK SO, if you want some context, the book is a dystopia based in authoritarian dictatorships, in which homosexuality is considered illegal, and the punishment is death sentence. But they're just a subplot I love too much.

Anyway, Sea is that annoying, really. But I love him. Winter is just cute and sad. That's it.

Give me feedback and validate me please.