(Hogwarts AU) Slytherin! Dipper x Half-Blood! Reader

(Quick and annoying A/N: (Y/H) stands for Your House, ok cutie?)

***********************

You've met the Pines Twins during your first day ever in the amazing wizard world, since you lived in the countryside, and your mom didn't enjoy visiting town only to buy things related to magic, she enjoyed living as a muggle. It was, more specifically, at the Hogwarts Express where you first saw them, and awkwardly asked them if you could join them in the compartment.

You were just another scared little eleven years-old, pretty much as everyone else. It didn't matter if they were pure-blood, from a muggle family, or half-blood just like you, you were all terrified, because hearing, or not hearing stories, would never prepare anyone to reality.

Your mom had always told you about the magic, about how wonderful Hogwarts was, about how much you'd love it. You had your doubts, but that never stopped you from eagerly waiting the day you'd turn eleven, your letter would arrive, and you would soon be learning magic. It was quite fascinating.

Until you arrived at platform nine and three quarters, and it all seemed, suddenly, scary. The loud noises, the owls, some kids glancing at you as if you were no one, and the fear of entering the train, and never finding any friend.

"Uh, excuse me?" You politely asked, opening a compartment door, only to see two kids your age sitting, talking, at the first glance you gave them, you knew they were twins, they were way too similar not to be.

"Hey!" The girl smiled, waving cheerfully.

"Is this compartment free? I mean, can I sit here?" You tried to smile back, though it was just a weak grin, from someone clearly awkward, even uncomfortable with the situation.

"Sure!" The girl kept on smiling at, attempting to make you feel a little bit comfortable with the entire thing. "Come on, sit down!"

"Thanks," you grinned back, truly happy that you at least had found a compartment, though there was some nervous feelings on the air. You'd always hear wizards talking about how they had made their best friends on their first day in Hogwarts, and you were too scared you could end up making the wrong friends, or perhaps, making none. You still needed to be careful.

"I'm Mabel!" She said as you sat next to her, "And that's my bro-bro Dipper! You are?"

"Oh, I'm (Y/N)"

"That's an awesome name," Mabel giggled, "Do you have an idea of which house you'll be sorted into?"

"Uh, well, no. My mom always told me she thinks I'll probably go to (Y/H), but we never know for real"

"I guess," Mabel shrugged, "I think I'll be Gryffindor, or Hufflepuff. Dipper is probably Ravenclaw or Slytherin"

"I've never said that!" He argued, finally saying something.

"Never had to, anyways"

************

Dipper ended up at Slytherin. Mabel at Gryffindor. And you at (Y/H). House differences weren't enough to set the twins apart, or to shake your friendship with them any less.

You would, secretly, cheer for Mabel whenever she was playing Quidditch, and was she a good seeker. She tried to teach you, but unfortunately, you weren't able to play with her. At least you could play with younger kids, who were pretty bad. Near them, you were basically a Quidditch goddess.

With Dipper, on the other hand, you'd spend your time with him at the library, studying.

"How does it come that you're a Slytherin, if you love books more than some Ravenclaws?" You whispered to him, quietly joining him at the desk.