Monster Falls!Dipper X Human!Reader

If life was actually as cliche as things were meant to be, you would be the child of fearless, magnificent hunters. You knew they were evil, and cold killers most of the time, but couldn't help but to envy how luxurious, and wonderful their lives seemed to be.

Instead, your parents were part of a group attempting to save the forest creatures lives, and in fact, spent most of your years in the woods, looking for creatures, finding them, and trying to safely take them to your parents.

In one of these little adventures, that were terribly common for you, you met Dipper.

Dipper was one hell of a different creature. Half-human, half-deer.

When you first found him, he had just been shot in one of his legs by a hunter. You had to hide behind a bush for half an hour, while texting anyone from the group to go there, and distract the hunters.

As soon as they left, you quickly ran to help him, and with a little help from other folks from the saving group, you brought him inside the shack you lived along with your parents.

"Mom, dad!" You yelled, opening the door, "We need some help down here, right now!"

"Another creature!" Your mom's voice shouted back, running madly downstairs, and pointing to whoever was holding Dipper, to place him over one of the many hospital beds in there. "What happened with him?" She calmly asked you.

"I, uh, not sure. I think he was running from the hunters, or something. He was shot in the leg, and we brought him here and"

"Did anyone see you?" Your dad asked, finally showing up, and trying his very best to remain in peace.

If anyone ever knew where the group lived, and where the creatures were taken and healed, the hunters would most certainly hunt all of you down.

After all, the group was the only thing ruining their business.

"I'm not sure," you whispered faintly. You doubted you had ever been so disappointed on yourself. You had been doing that your entire life, you should've known you needed to check, to look around, to make sure no one was following you.

You quickly glanced at the people who had helped you bring him. No one seemed to know the answer. "We don't know, dad," you whispered again, "We hope not. But... I think the hunters were already far when we brought him. I think no one saw us"

"Honey," your mom interrupted, "Guessing is not going to help us. We need to be sure..."

"I'm not sure," you stated again.

"You all," your dad said, looking at some of the people standing in the room, "Go check if no one is around"

No one ever found anyone around. You should've been happy you were safe, but the feeling of guilty, and acknowledging that you could've put the entire group, and your parents' life in danger kept you up at night for a week.

***************

"Do you have a name...?" You hesitantly asked the injured creature lying in the bed, as you checked his wounds to be sure everything was just in place.

"Uh, yeah," he slowly answered, "I'm Dipper"

"More like Deerper," you giggled, though immediately stopped when noticed he didn't find it funny, at all. "Oh... I'm (Y/N)"

"Yeah, I've noticed," he shrugged, "They say your name a lot"

"I make a lot of mistakes," you tried to give him a smile, "But I swear I try my best"

"I guess that's what matters," Dipper made a small, awkward pause, "Thanks for saving me back there"

"Oh, it was nothing, really!" You genuinely smiled, "It's kind of my job, anyways"

"Saving creatures is your job?"

"Yes. It's the job of everyone in the group. They just leave me in the shack most of the time, because, well, I tend to do stupid things sometimes. Accidentally"

"Oh, I do too," he smiled shyly.

"Like what?"

"Like... Going too near to the cities, when I shouldn't. Because, of, you know," he sighed, looking down at his injured leg, "Hunters"

"They're terrible, I know," you said, sitting in a chair near his bed, "But, what do you do near the cities? It's way too dangerous for the creatures"

"It's not dangerous, it's risky," he stopped for a while, "It's the same, I know. Still, you are all weird things. I like to watch the way you guys interact, and live your lives"

"Oh. I get it," you grinned, "I do the same. But I don't watch humans, I watch the creatures"

"Well... Since I'm going to be here for such long time, maybe we can share our knowledge about humans and creatures!"

"That sounds as a wonderful idea, really"

***************

That was the point in which your friendship was born.

You would wish to say it remained a friendship. You had the tiny feeling that he felt just the very same way, but still. There was no way it could be.

You found it a little disturbing to be falling in love with someone who was, well, half-deer. And he, most certainly, found terribly disturbing to be falling in love with someone who wasn't half-deer.

Feelings don't truly matter in questions like these. Even if you loved the time you spent with him, even if he loved the way you would just laugh at jokes you didn't understand, and even if you loved each other.

You didn't belong in the middle of his group, living in the forest. You simply hated spiders, and was sure the forest was full of them. Not only that, but the group of half-deer people, and all the other creatures that lived with him, would never accept an amorous relationship with a human.

Nor would the humans themselves.

"This problem sounds so stupid," you sighed, sitting in a chair near his bed. In one week he would be released back again into the forest.

"It does, doesn't it? I think we talked about it enough, though"

"Well, being friends with you it's better than not knowing you," you smiled softly.

"I agree," he grinned back.

•••••••••••••••••

Was that disappointing? I hope not.

How does your school calendar works? In mine, we have two months of vacation, (December & January), and then one month of vacation in the middle of the year, (July, the best vacation really). Sad thing is, I have to be back to school by Monday. Grrrrrrr.

I'll be starting high school, (we start high school at age 15 here), are you guys at high school already?? How does high school works at your country?