Mabel X Reader

You were always friends with Mabel. You actually couldn't remember when you two became friends, it sounded, for both of you, that you too had always been that close.
Well, you being you, and Mabel being Mabel, you decided to make up a story of how you two met. The story went basically like this:
You were a scared little child in its first day of school, you didn't know anyone, you were about to cry, when a lovely girl came smiling, she had her brother hid behind her, she smiled brightly to you and asked for your name. You answered not knowing exactly what to do and she introduced herself and her brother. That's how you became friends. Or at least, that was how you said.
She was incredibly nice, almost reaching the point of being too pure and innocent to this world, she couldn't see all the bad things that surrounded her, so you always had an important paper. You had to protect her from the bullies.
She protected her brother, and you protected her. You weren't that good, you must admit, but you also never let anyone do any serious harm to her. She was your best friend and nobody could hurt your best friend.
You two always joked about being in a date, every time one of you wanted to escape some jerk that was trying to get with you or her, you could just say: "But I am dating Mabel, sorry", and she was allowed to say "Oh, sorry, I am dating Y/N". Because, even though Mabel loved to flirt and that was almost a sport for her, she didn't get interested in every single boy or girl that was in the town.
As time went by, you couldn't help, since when you chose who you fall for? And you ended up falling for the most incredible girl you've ever met, Mabel Pines, also known by your best friend. Your mental confusion was huge, just as what you felt about her. You didn't want to ruin your friendship, your amazing and forever lasting friendship, but it was hard for you to stand knowing you would only be good friends.
And all that date jokes, or all the times you pretended to be dating, all of that meant something else to you, and you couldn't stop picturing how amazing would be to be dating Mabel Pines.
Once, in your birthday, she gave you a new sweater, it was pink and had a big blue heart in it, with sparkles all around it, you laughed and thanked, you weren't used to wear her sweaters outside home, but that one was special, somehow, you got attached to it. How did you even end up in that situation?
You sighed. You were sitting in your couch, watching any TV Show, your mind wasn't there, it was somewhere really far away from there, it was in the Mystery Shack and in your stupid plan, it had to work, and if it didn't, you were hoping Mabel wouldn't stop talking to you because of a crush. A stupid crush, right?
Holy Hell, no. It wasn't a stupid crush, you didn't know what it was, but it was way more than a week crush, it was lasting too much for this, it wasn't childish, it was consuming your life, your thoughts, your dreams.
You slowly made your way to the Mystery Shack. How do you even tell your best friend you love her? You knocked the door, hoping Stan or Dipper would answer, than you would probably be calmed down by their figure, or have the chance to give up on your plan, but no, you were you, not exactly the luckiest person alive.
Mabel answered the door with her habitual smile. "Hey. I wasn't expecting you here, but glad you came, I was bout to give you a call, we are going to watch the last episode of"
"Mabel, I really need to talk to you" you whispered in despair "right now. It can wait"
"Oh, um... Did someone died?" she asked carefully.
"What? No!" You smiled. You were so nervous, and still, she made you smile. She smiled back, her smile was so bright it could even blind you.
"So, tell me, what is it! I am curious now"
"Oh, well, um, ok... It's just that... It isn't the easiest thing to say and"
"You are my best friend, you can tell me anything!"
"Yeah, you're right" you said filled with hope again. "I love you" A long silence, she stared at you confused, dammit, you were starting to regret it. "Just say something, please"
"You love me like...?"
"Like I never loved anyone" You answered.
"Wow. I... I didn't expect you to" she said looking at the floor, you wanted to die inside, how did you even think it would work, or that all the moments you spent together had meant the same for her it did for you? No. How could you be so stupid? She looked back at you, you already had tears on your eyes, but her, she had her smile. "You should have told me before, silly!"
"Wait what" You really weren't prepared for that. She hugged you.
"I love you too, idiot. Oh, you totally should have told me before. I feel like we wasted such a long time because of... Well, it's my fault too" she laughed "I should've told you. But gee, I thought I would have to ask you on a date, and I am more used to people doing that to me"
"So..." You said when she finally stopped hugging you. "Wanna go on a date?"
"Duh" she kept with her jokingly tone of voice. "Of course I do! Just wait for me, I will get a better sweater. If you had give me a call I would be ready by now"
"I actually wasn't expecting it"
"How? I thought I was giving all the right signs!"
"It's more complicate to understand them when it comes from a best friend" You finally laughed with her.
"Yeah, you convinced me, but still. I thought Dip-Dot would find a real date before me, and that would be a crime wouldn't it?" You weren't even listening to it properly, you just couldn't help but only notice her laughed and how you loved that.
••••••••••••••
Probably not the best, I must admit, but I am quite happy with how this turned out.
Oh man, Mabel is amazing isn't she?
Let me know if you liked it! Request a character if you want to, no need to be shy about it :3
I know I said I would do a Wendy's one, but I couldn't stop thinking about this chapter.