Pacifica X Reader

Pacifica Northwest.

You never in your life could've thought that name would ever mean something else to you. And by something else I mean, something that wasn't the basic Gravity Falls' bitch. But people change often, you did, and so did her. (And so did pretty much everyone you've met, that is the main point of being a teenager, right?).

When you were a little kid, all you wanted was to be her friend. As time passed by, you gave up on that stupid wish, and realized you would rather spend some time with the Pines twins.

But high school hit you all as a bus, and no one saw it coming. And with that sudden hit, I mean, change, Pacifica Northwest "joined your party". At first, you didn't exactly know how to react. Having someone new hanging out with you and your friends isn't easy to get used to, principally when this somebody had been a bitch to you for a long time.

After all, you did get use to it. It felt like Paz had never done a thing wrong with you, and you two had been friends forever. You would often question yourself whether she remembered the mean nicknames she had once gave you, or if her brain had erased that memory.

**********************

"I'm sorry," she slowly whispered to you.

You weren't sure about what she was talking about, and if she could've picked any worst moment. You were watching a movie at the cinema, along with the Pines twins, and honestly, you'd be slightly annoyed if the film wasn't so bad.

"What are you talking about?" You whispered back, attempting to give her a smile.

"About all I've done before"

"Paz, is this the best time to be an awesome human being?" You asked her, awkwardly, side-glancing at the screen.

"I mean it... Ugh, I was a terrible person to you back then, and...," she made a little pause, staring at the floor, "And you're such a great person, I'm really sorry"

"That's awesome, Paz, but is this really the best time to get all emotional? I mean...," you were beginning to grow nervous with the possibility of ruining the movie to the people around you, not that there were many, and not that anyone truly wanted to watch that movie, "I've been waiting for you to apologize for decades, but this is so not the time"

"Wanna get out of here?" She hesitantly asked, "They're sleeping. Come on!" Pacifica smiled, standing up, and only giving you the option of following her.

That was the first time you were completely alone with her. You didn't know why you had agreed to leave the cinema, walking around with her was awkward, and you often had to think about some subject to talk about.

Although it all began quite awkwardly, after some minutes, things became more natural, and you realized you could hang out with only her more times, and wouldn't even bother much.

****************

"Hey, Paz!" You called her, running through the crowded school halls, "Paz!"

"That's me," she answered, looking up from her locker. "Hey there, what's up, (Y/N)?"

"Wanna skip the next class?" You carefully asked, hoping no teacher, or adult would pass by you two and listen to your question, "Let's go watch a movie"

"Right now?" Pacifica laughed, glancing as you as if you were insane, before shaking her head in agreement, "Give me one sec to grab my stuff, and we're ready to go"

"Great!"

**********************

You couldn't lie to yourself. You loved hanging out around her. There was something about the way she talked, laughed at your stupid jokes, that made you feel different. As if there was something inside you, something you haven't met yet.