"Thank you Kendyn for protecting Rose." Damo's dad gave me a pat on the back and from that moment forward I was symbolically apart of the gang since I had 'proven' myself.

From that moment forward I haven't been able to keep my eyes off her, not only for her protection but also because I couldn't imagine anything happening to her and never be able to see her again if I were to not be close to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~present time ~~~~~~~~~~

"You promised to never let anything happen to me, that you were there." she whispered but I could still hear her over all the noise.

"Yeah I did and I still meant every word. I won't ever let anything happen to you." I took her hand again and leaned over to kiss her but a little voice interrupted us before our lips could touch.

"Excuse me mister but you are in my swing." a little girl that funny enough looked a lot like Rose but with dark brown curls with the brightest blue eyes ever, looked at me. She didn't look any older than six years old.

"Yeah, mister you are in her swing." Rose laughed a little at the end looking at the little girl who smiled at her.

"Fine." I stood up from the swing sill holding onto Rose's hand and feeling a little gutted from being cockblocked by a six-year-old.

"Thank you ." she replied all smiles looking up at me and I couldn't help but think that maybe that would be what our future daughter with Rose would look like but with Rose's dimple and my lips perhaps.

"We should probably get going. We have been here a while and I left my phone in the car and I'm sure they are all blowing up my phone." I nodded and led her back to the car.

"But first." I spun her around before she could step in the car and crashed my lips against hers in a passionate kiss.

"There, much better." I grinned to which she responded.

"You were dying to do that weren't you?" she asked once we were both in the car and I drove.

"yes," I admitted glancing her way to see a slight blush on her cheeks.

I drove her back to her place. When I cut the engine I turned to face her cupping her cheeks in my hands.

"Will you be ok walking in... with me?" I nervously asked because I didn't want her to be uncomfortable, especially after what happened at lunch with her brother.

"Yeah, I'm ready." she nodded to the both of us left the car and went straight through the front door.

"Hello?" she called out walking into the kitchen and not seeing anybody. I followed behind her, my eyes caught the bay window and saw that her brother was out there hanging fairy lights around the tree branches.

"Hey, Rose." I waved to her.

"Come look." I pointed out the window.

She opened the bay window and walked out.

"Damon, what are you doing?" she asked stepping closer.

"Rose. Damon." he nodded to each of us, continuing what he was doing.

"What's going on here?" I asked this time looking carefully at him.

"It's a surprise. So I would like for you to leave and get ready for your date." he shrugged but I could see the smile in the corner of his mouth.

"What do you mean by date I thought I was only good at banging your 'best friend behind your back'" she snapped and I saw Damon flinch, I was on her side knowing that his words were harsh, to the both of us.

"Look RoRo, I'm sorry for what I said, to the both of you. I was just really mad that none of you told me... I just felt so left out..." he dropped the fairy lights and walked over to us.

"I want to make it up to you so I thought why not make you guys a date night. Because judging by the way you are with each other you haven't been on one." he rubbed the back of his neck.

"So here it is." he swung his arms out and pointed to the rose garden.

"But in order for me to finish, I need you both away. So go get ready and be back in two hours." he shoved the both of us away and locked the bay window and waved at us to leave.

"Well, that was weird." she breathed out looking at me.

"Yeah. I guess we should get ready and see what he has in store for us." I shrugged walking to the door to drive back home.

"I'll see you later bellisima Rosa." I kissed the top of her head and walked out seeing her smile at me and blush.

We'll have to wait and see what this evening has in store for us.

______________________