"Two sweetie." Lauren replied she was wearing a matching apron.

Grace carefully grabbed two eggs and slowly walked over to her mom concentrating hard on not dropping the eggs. She handed them over to Lauren then got up onto her stall so she could reach the counter properly.

"Ok so now we need to break the eggs and we can get to the mixing." Lauren  instructed.

She showed her what to do with the first egg then handed over the second one for Grace to do. They were making double-choc chip cookies for the first time.

"Mommy stop eating all the chocolate!" Grace giggled when she caught Lauren sneakily eating the choc-chip.

Lauren just smiled sheepishly then grabbed a handful and shoved them into her mouth. Grace's jaw dropped at her audacity. But then it turned into a big grin when Lauren grabbed another handful and placed them into Grace's hands.

Soon enough the mixture was ready to be turned into cookies. So Lauren placed the tray into the oven and gave the spoon to Grace to lick.

"So my little Gummy bear what is new in the exciting world of Gracie?" Lauren asked as they sat at the table as they waited for their cookies to cook.

"Well me and Rosie are going to be race car drivers." She informed her mother.

"Oh? But sweetie don't you need to know how to drive and have your own car?"

"Yeah but I mean when we grow up silly." Grace replied like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Oh ok...my bad. Hey it's Mama's birthday coming up soon what do you want to get her?" Lauren asked.

"A Gazillion billion dollars." Grace smiled.

"Hmm...maybe next year...what else?"

"A puppy!" Grace replied excitedly.

"Baby we can't get a puppy, Toby is allergic to dog hair." Lauren reminded her.

Grace pouted.

"Boys are stupid."

"Hey, that's not nice. Toby's alright...you love your brother don't you?"

"Yeah but boys are annoying and they smell and are always dirty. Girls are better coz they don't smell. Well some do Rosie does but she smells pretty and she doesn't play in the mud and gets dirty and she has really soft hands." Grace rambled.

Lauren just smiled at her daughters ranting. Little Gracie was a cutie she was still pretty small for her age and she looked a lot like her Mama except for the eyes, even though it was impossible but Lauren liked to think that she got her eyes from her because they were pretty much identical in colour and shape.

"What about you mommy? What's new?" Grace asked after her rant was over.

"Not much...but I spoke to your Grandma and Grandpa and they said that they are coming over to visit us tomorrow." Lauren replied.

Grace's eyes lit up.

"Yay! We can let them try our cookies! I know! We can make Mama a super duper biggest chocolate cake ever for her birthday!" Grace replied excitedly.

"That sounds like a fantastic idea. You're a smart cookie Miss Jauregui." Lauren replied before kissing her on the cheek.

"I know!" Grace smiled back.

~~~ 2024 ~~~

A nine year old Gracie was super excited as she, her brother Toby, Rosie and a very stressed out Dinah sat in the waiting room of the hospital maternity ward. Camila had woken Lauren up in the middle of the night to inform her that her water had broken and that she was going into labour.