Part 4: Feelings

This is NOT a flashback:

***********************************
~^~^~ A Week Later ~^~^~

Grace and Rosie were sitting on the living room floor of the Jane-Hamilton house doing their homework. Ben was upstairs in his room while Rosie's mothers were still at work.

"So Gracie I think it's time we get you a boyfriend." Rosie said as she flipped through her text book.

Grace couldn't help but begin to feel uncomfortable, she didn't bother to reply.

"Ok hottest guys in school, go." Rosie asked looking expectantly at Grace.

"Um…I…well I guess Jack is ok and…um…Anthony."

"Hmm Anthony is ok but he's not hot though and he's kind of a dork, no offence I know you guys went on that weird lunch date thing but I guess Jack is alright, not as fine as Greg though." Rosie rambled.

"Yeah I guess." Grace answered not really all that interested.

"Why don't you ask him out?"

"Who?"

"Jack."

"Nah…he's not really my type."

Rosie looked at her friend a little confused. She never really understood her sometimes. She never talked about boys but never showed any interest in anyone in general. She had her suspicions that maybe Grace wasn't all that straight but she didn't want to push the girl she was waiting for her to open up herself. Though a little nudge in that direction couldn't hurt, it's why she continually brought up this subject.

"Well then what is your type? I mean come on Gracie your 16, your smoking hot, you could have anyone and you're telling me no one catches your eye?"

"I don't know, can we talk about something else? We need to finish this project for History." Grace replied not making eye contact with her friend.

Rosie sighed and placed her hand on top of Grace's.

"Gracie." She said softly "It's ok."

The other girl tensed up.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She mumbled and took her hand away from Rosie.

"You know you can tell me anything." Rosie whispered moving closer to the girl.

"Don't." Grace murmured.

"Grace."

Grace quickly got up and began to pick up her stuff and shove them into her bag.

"I gotta go, I'll see you at school." She mumbled before she practically ran out of the house.

Rosie sighed.

Grace went straight to her room when she got home, not even bothering to say hello to her brother and sister who were sitting in the living room watching TV. She flung her bag over by her desk and flopped onto her bed.

Not long after, Rosie made her way through the Jauregui house, not even bothering to say hello to Toby or Charlie she walked up the stairs and headed for Grace's room.

"Hey…you left your text book at my place." Rosie said as she made her way into the girl's room.

Grace didn't respond she just looked down at her lap as she absentmindedly played with the loose thread on her quilt. Rosie climbed onto the bed and sat across from Grace, she took a hold of her friend's hands, and she was glad that she didn't pull away.

"You." Grace finally whispered.

"Huh?"

Grace took a deep breath.