Part 13

#PrayForManchester Praying for everyone who was at Ariana's concert🙏 and R.I.P to all the beautiful people who lost their lifes.
Stay safe💋❤

~~~ Sunday Afternoon ~~~

Everyone was outside in the Jauregui backyard, they decided to have a barbecue for dinner as it was a nice sunny and warm afternoon.

Toby was showing Ben how to play basketball with a little help from their Grandpa. Charlie had managed to get Rosie to help her pick a song for her to sing to Ben but only after she promised not to tell him about it. Rosie thought it was kinda cute so she kept her promise. Grace sat by the pool texting Hannah most of the night and didn't really speak to Rosie much; Rosie was kinda annoyed about that while the women sat around talking with a bottle of wine.

While Dinah went inside to grab some more beer Clara quickly followed.

"Need a hand?"

"Nah I'm good." The blonde replied.

"Dinah...we need to talk." Clara sounded serious.

"What's up?"

Clara looked nervous.

"Clara seriously what's up your freaking me out here."

"I got a call the other day...from your mother."

Dinah looked at the older woman in shock she dropped the bottle if beer and it shattered on the floor.

"W-What?"

"Honey maybe you should sit down."

Clara guided Dinah over to the chair making sure to avoid the broken glass.

"I'm sorry for just dumping this on you here. But I didn't want to do this over the phone." Clara added.

"What did she say?"

"She...she wanted your phone number she wanted to know where you were."

"Why? Why after all these years?" Dinah was almost in tears.

"Honey...your father he...He passed away last week. I'm sorry."

Dinah didn't know what to say or feel at that moment.

"I didn't know what to do Dinah...I wasn't sure if you wanted her to know where you are or if you wanted to talk to her. I told her that I would speak to you first and go from there."

Dinah just nodded.

"Dinah please say something."

"I...we should get back out there they'll think something's up." She mumbled before getting up but her legs gave way and she almost fell. For an older woman Clara could move fast. She caught Dinah before she could fall.

"It's been over 22 years Clara...and nothing not a word not when I got married or when Rosie was born or when Ben was born. When I graduated...nothing! And now after all these years now she wants to talk to me? No! No she doesn't get to walk back into my life and do this to me! She abandoned me. She left me to fend for myself and she never...no you can call her and tell her she is nothing to me!"

Dinah finally found her footing and stormed out of the house.

"Dinah!" Clara called after her but all that replied was the sound of the door slamming.

Clara went outside to get Normani.

"Normani you need to go after Dinah"

"What? Why? What happened?"

"Long story short her mother called me the other day and wanted to get in contact with her. Her father died last week."

Normani, along with the others were shocked. After the shock wore off Normani jumped up and went after her wife.