Part 9: Dates

^~^~ Wednesday Afternoon ~^~^

Grace was nervous, after school she was supposed to be meeting up with Hannah at the park for a few hours. It wasn't a date, it was sort of a 'get-to-know-each-other' type thing but still Grace was bricking it. She really needed to talk to Rosie and get her advice but the two still haven't said a word to each other since the weekend and that unfortunate incident that occurred. Grace had tried to message her friend but just couldn't bring herself to do it. Camila and Lauren urged her to go over and talk to Rosie face-to-face but Grace was too scared and embarrassed to do that.

The last bell of the day rang out and the students all headed to their lockers and get out of school as fast as possible. Grace moved quickly through the mass of teenagers to get to her own locker when she bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry." Grace said as she helped pick up the other person's books that had fallen to the floor in their collision.

"S'ok." They replied.

Grace looked up and handed the book over but froze when she realised that the person she had run into was Rosie. The Tongan also looked a little shocked but hesitantly took the book accidently brushing her finger tips over Grace's. At the touch Grace quickly pulled her hand back and looked away.

"Thanks." Rosie softly mumbled.

Grace just gave her a small smile.

Wow this wasn't awkward at all.

"Well I better..." Grace said as she pointed towards where her locker was.

"Yeah...Me too." Rosie replied.

The two girls just sort of stood there not moving, until Hannah came over to the two breaking up a bit of the tension only to replace it with a whole load of other tension.

"Hey." She greeted Grace with a charming smile.

"H-Hey." Grace replied.

"You ready to go?" She asked.

"Oh, um yeah sure I just need to go to my locker."

Rosie stood there watching the two interact and couldn't help but feel a little left out and there was some other nagging feeling somewhere in there too that she couldn't quite pinpoint at that moment and it was irritating.

Grace turned to look at the Tongan and gave her a small smile before saying a quick goodbye and headed off to her locker with Hannah. Yep this nagging feeling was just getting a little annoying now. Rosie saw Greg waiting for her at her locker so she walked over to him and kissed him hard not caring about the jocks that were standing by cheering and whistling at her. For a moment that nagging feeling went away. She pulled away from her boyfriend and just winked at his friends. Greg had noticed that his girlfriend was acting strangely the last couple of days and was a little concerned. Not that he didn't mind the random and hot make out sessions but sometimes it just felt a little forced on Rosie's part and it wasn't like it used to be when they would kiss.

Grace and Hannah walked together through the park chatting and getting to know one another.

"So do you miss being in Australia?" Grace asked.

"Kinda...I mean I miss my friends and ok this might sound lame but I miss my Famer's Union Ice Coffee." Hannah replied and blushed a little.

Grace laughed and raised an eyebrow at her.

"Its good ok." She defended.

"I'm just gonna take your word on it." Grace smiled.

"You know you don't really have a broad accent." Grace stated.