Fighting for Control

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Doing this drains me Cross." He said suddenly. "I need you to fight for all your worth. Let your little ghost friend help if you have to."

I froze. "H-How do--"

"No time for that. Get ready." Nightmare interrupted. He looked up at me smirking before pulling his hands off the floor.

The dome instantly collapsed, leaving a ring of black slime around us.

"FIRE!" The man yelled again.

I rolled my shoulders and closed my eyes. I could hear the gunshots go off but only a few of them, I smiled. That just makes my job easier.

I waited till I could sense the small bullets rocketing towards me before I reacted.

I lashed one hand out, opening my eyes at the sound of something hitting my knife. I looked down at my feet as the two halves of a bullet rolled to a stop at my feet.

I could hear the officers muttering to each other, unsure how to react to that.

"Chara." I muttered.

He appeared by my side.

"Cross whatever your planning to do...don't."

"Be useful for once in your life and help me here." I growled.

Chara looked around, seemingly noticing the situation. "Wow you guys messed up."

"I'm serious." I warned.

"Kay. Calm down geez, umm, two gunners behind you, aiming."

I whipped around swinging both of my knifes as they opened fire. The knives spun forwards, intercepting the incoming bullets and splitting them clean in half, the now useless shells dropping to the floor, all momentum stopped.

The sound of guns firing came from my right and I whipped round, the previous knives disappearing and returning to my side.

Those bullets were quickly stopped as well. None of them had got close so far, but if they went for an all at once round then I won't be able to stop them all.

I quickly checked on Nightmare, he was stood a little away from me, taunting the officers and dodging bullets, trying to waste their ammo.

I chucked a knife in his direction, splitting through a wall of incoming bullets. Nightmare turned to smirk at me before quickly returning his attention to the officers.

I did the same, turning just in time to block another spray of bullets.

We were keeping them at bay, but I'm not sure how much longer we can keep this up. Nightmare warned me that doing that goop some thing drained him so he must be running out of energy.

My arms were starting to hurt and my reactions were getting slow and messy, twice now my knives had missed the bullets and I've had to jump to the side to avoid being hit.

I whipped around at the sound of Nightmare calling out. He had fallen, several officers running over and tackling him down as he tried to get back up.

Some more came with a net that I had only seen once before. It was a special net, purpose built to block magic.

They threw it over Nightmare and held him down.

"NIGHTMARE!" I screamed.

He thrashed and struggled, only succeeding in tangling himself even more.

He looked up at me, realising how vulnerable I was to attack.

"CROSS RUN!" He yelled. "FIND THE OTHERS! DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME JUST RUN!"

"NO!" I yelled, I can't leave him here.

Gunshots sounded from my left and I self consciously blocked them. Far to focused on Nightmare to worry about getting killed. (That's how it works right?)

"CROSS GO!" He yelled.

"I'M NOT--" I started, only to be stopped by a sharp pain in my skull.

Chara.

"GO AWAY!" I yelled clutching my skull as I felt him clawing for power, for control of this body.

"We're leaving!" He ordered.

Pushing against me, trying to take control.

"NO YOU CAN'T!" I screamed. Fighting back against him.

"Sorry Cross." Chara muttered, sending one final burst of pain through me and I felt myself get ripped from my body.

"CHARA NO!" I screamed, as my body opened its eyes to reveal the two target symbols.

"RUN!" Nightmare yelled once more.

My body turned and nodded, looking round for an exit. "NO YOU CAN'T!" I yelled. Fighting against him to regain control.

But Chara wouldn't budge. He spotted somewhere and made a beeline for it, cutting down any officers or bullets that got in his way.

He reached an alleyway and turned around quickly, looking out at the horror before us.

The last thing I saw of Nightmare before Chara continued to run was the man walking over to him, crouching down next to him and plunging an injector into his arm.

---------------------------------------------

Nooooo not my baby. Both of them!
My poor babies! both of them don't deserve this!

Three down five to go am I right?

-Jess-