The Sacrifice

---Errors POV----

I struggled against the iron like grip of the vine that was currently holding me upside down over what looked like a giant, toothed mouth.

The vine had brought me to what I assumed is the mother, the centre of this beast.

It was like a massive flower. Except flowers are supposed to be pretty. And nothing about this beast was pretty.

It had green clumpy drool dribbling from the sides of its open mouth, and its teeth were stained yellow, dried blood was visible on some of them.

What looked like a purple warty tongue reached up inches from my face, trying to lick me. Assess if I'm tasty.

I twisted frantically and the vine holding me squeezed tighter and I could have sworn I heard a snap. I cried out in pain, wriggling about, trying to free an arm so I could summon a blaster or bone attack.

But the more I struggled, the harder the vines grip grew, until breathing started to hurt.

The fleshy purple tongue retracted back into the mouth with a disgusting slurping sound, small drops of saliva splashed up and hit my face.

I hissed, it burned.

The vine slowly brought me down closer to the mouth again, the smell made me gag and nearly throw up. It was the stench of rotten eggs, dieing corpses and Horrors feet all in one.

It's not a good combination. Trust me.

The large purple tongue emerged once more, reaching up towards me. I yelled out in refusal, twisting and thrashing about to no avail.

I went limp at the feeling of the rough slimy tongue sliding against the back of my skull. It traveled down wrapping itself around me. I shuddered and called out again.

One of the others have to have heard me!

I felt the vine around me loosen and I panicked. It was giving me to the tongue.

No no no no!

The vine slowly unwrapped itself from me, and the tongue twisted round my body, gripping tightly.

The wet flesh was pressing against my bones causing me to shudder and nearly throw up again. I was glitching out madly, and my eyesight was starting to cloud with errors.

I felt the vine release me completely, I squeezed my eyes shut as I got pulled down by the tongue into the drooling plant monsters mouth.

---Cross' POV----

We ran through the bushes, pushing dead branches to the side as we sprinted into the wood off the dirt path in the direction of the glitched scream.

"ERROR?"
"ERROR WHERE ARE YOU?!?"
"EERRRROOORRRRR?"

We called as we ran, silence was our only answer. We kept running forward, searching for any signs of where Error could be.

I looked at the ground as I ran, nothing seemed unusual. That's when I spotted something. "Guys stop!" I called.

Killer and Dust skidded to a halt and crouched down to see what I was looking at.

They were drag marks, the indent of fingers that had desperately clawed into the ground in an attempt to brake free of something.

"Do you think those are Errors?" Killer panted.

Before I could respond a glitched scream of pure desperation ripped through the forest over to our right.