The piece of Toast

---Killers POV----

Ah Breakfast...

The most important meal of the day.

We had no cereal though, so we all had a piece of toast. No butter. Just toast.

We only had enough for one piece each, not enough for Blue and the psycho.

Which I think the others were fine with. Well Dust had split his piece in half and the small skeleton was currently happily nibbling on some of the crispy crust.

The other skeleton hadn't got any. We ate our food on the sofas in the lounge cuz we don't have any tables. But that doesn't bother us anyway.

The new skeleton, Cross, I think his name is? Was sat cross legged on the sofa next to Nightmare wistfully looking at the pice of toast in his hand.

Nightmare glanced down at him questioningly, the skeletons gaze stayed fixated on the bread. His eyes looked longingly at it.

I don't think he's had anything to eat since he got here.

The skeleton continued to look at the bread, an expression of pure need.

'Ha good luck' I thought. 'Nightmare never shares anything. Especially when it's something he likes. And guess what? Nightmare happens to like toast so real shame for him.'

Nightmare continued to look at him and took a bite out of the toast. Right in front of his face. Harsh much.

The skeletons gaze turned down to the floor and a sad frown was visible on his face.

Then to all of our amazement, Nightmare tossed the piece of toast at him. He had only ate one bite.

We all looked at Nightmare questioningly and he only shrugged in response.

Meanwhile the skeleton had already started eating the toast. A look of pure relief on his face.

He looked over at Nightmare thankfully and Nightmare nodded in response. Before looking at all of us, his expression saying 'what?'.

"You guys okay?" He asked. "Or am I really that fascinating."

We all instantly looked away and continued eating our toast, not saying a word.

----Time Skip-----------------------------

---Dusts POV----

We all sat in the living room in awe of what was in front of us. The psycho skeleton had fallen asleep next to Nightmare.

He was curled up in a ball, his head resting against Nightmares leg, a look of pure bliss on his face.

And that wasn't the weirdest thing.

NIGHTMARE WAS LETTING HIM?!?!

He had glanced questioningly down at the skeleton when he had curled up next to him, but didn't do anything to stop him.

"Are you seriously okay with that." Geno suddenly said, looking at Nightmare.

He glanced up at Geno.

"Hmm?" He said.

"You'd never let anyone touch you, let alone practically sleep on you. And you seem fine if that thing curls up to you like it's a puppy." Geno spat.

"First off, he's not a thing or an it he's a person and his name is Cross. And second, why don't you just mind your own business. Dust has that thing practically sat on his lap wherever he goes and no ones questioning that."

Blue looked up at me and I smiled down at him.

It's true.

But he's so small and innocent, and not to mention cute.