Chapter Eleven

11

Twin Direction

Chapter Eleven

-The stories in this are coming from Scary Stories; To Tell In The Dark. All Rights Reserved to this book-

-Sorry this hasnt been uploaded. Been grounded. Ratings have gone down. Please vote and comment A LOT on this chapter so they'll go back up (: -

“Ow.” Harry groans, rubbing his head. I giggle and climb the rest of the way up the ladder.

“Watch your head.” Holla playfully warns and the boys roll their eyes.

“So who is going to read these?” Gemma asks, raising her eyebrows. Once everyone had got up into the hay loft, we got settled. Mason was there, but it didn’t bother me. He was again my best friend.

“Me!” Lou chirps, grabbing the book and smiling. We all roll our eyes, we kind of suspected he would. Holla, Gemma, LA, Sasha, Mad, Bai, Lou, Niall, Harry, Liam, Lou, Zayn, Mason and I had wide eyes, eating popcorn.

A widow lived alone on the top floor of an apartment house. One morning her telephone rang.

‘Hello,’ she said.

‘This is the viper,’ a man said. ‘I’m coming up.’

‘Somebody is fooling around,’ she thought, and hung up.” Lou looked around at us and I huddled against Niall. Sasha was pulled close to Mason. Aw, so cute!

A half-hour later the telephone rang again. It was the same man.

‘It’s the viper,’ he said. ‘I’ll be up soon.’

The widow didn’t know what to think, but she was getting frightened.” Lou went on and I put my head in Niall’s chest.

Once more the telephone rang. Again it was the viper.

‘I’m coming up now,’ he said.

She quickly called the police. They said they would be right over. When the doorbell rang, she sighed with relief. ‘They are here!’ she thought.

But when she opened the door, there stood a little old man with a bucket and a cloth. ‘I am the viper,’ he said. ‘I vish to vash and vipe the vindows.’” Lou laughs and everyone else does too.

“Lou, can you pick a scary one next time!” Mad pleaded and I laughed. She was one of those people that loved scary movies. She was an odd girl, but one of my best friends.

            An hour, tons of beers and two buckets full of popcorn later, we all drowsily went to the house. Niall’s arm was wrapped around my waist, keeping me steady. I was kind of tipsy, but Niall was too.

            We all made our ways up to the rooms and Niall and I passed out on my bed. Niall did before I did though. He wrapped his arm around my waist, his chin in the part where my shoulder and neck connected. His body was modeled perfectly against mine.

            I woke up a little while longer, well at least I thought. I was in one of Niall’s sweatshirts and sweatpants. They were comfy. I noticed Niall was gone out of the bed so I waved through the sleeping bodies and went downstairs. My head pounded a lot.

“Niall?” I said softly to the figure that was bent over a bowl of cereal.

“Hey love.” He whispers, cringing at the slightest noise.

“What time is it?” I asked, leaning against him.

“Five thirty.” He mumbles, taking a bite of cereal before going to the sink and gently putting the bowl in the sink.

“KELSEY! ONE OF THE MARE’S IS IN LABOR!”  A stable hand runs in and Niall and I cover our ears. The noise makes my head pound fiercely.

“Niall, go get the boys, Gemma and Holla. Tell Holla what’s going on. She will lead you guys to where the baby is at.” I shot into accent, adrenaline kicking in. Niall nodded, running off. The stable hand, whose name is Connor, ran out the door and I was at his heels.

“Who is it?” I asked, running into the light up barn. We made our way to the back of the barn where we kept the mares that were pregnant and due to pop any minute.

In response, Connor opens the door to the young, race horse blood mare.

“Shit.” I mutter under my breath as she looks up at me. This is her first birth and she isn’t ours. She is one of our stallion’s baby momma’s now. We had bought her baby and had to pay for her to stay here till she could leave the foal.

“Go get my father.” I snapped, leaning down and rubbing the mare’s neck. I hadn’t dealt with a mare ever this young giving birth. Never seen it either.

“Kelsey?” Someone shouted and the mare looked around, raising her head lightly.

“Down here.” I shouted back and Holla, Gemma and the boys came to the stall. The mare let out a greeting and Holla walked in, rubbing her stomach. My step father makes his way in, taking control.

            Half an hour later, a new baby colt is born. The boys and Gemma watched in amazement. They had never seen this before. My first time and I was the same way.

            It’s like seeing a baby born. You can just imagine their potential right there. You can be there when they’re famous and be like “I WAS THERE WHEN HE/SHE WAS BORN!” and be so proud of the baby. I had seen so many foals’ born and grow up with potential. It’s an everyday thing now.

It's crazy though, seeing this happen. You’re scared for the baby. You’re scared it won't live, or it will die of a crime. Or, it will convict a crime. That's even worse. Thankfully, horses can't convict crimes.

You don't know its future. It can be an adrenaline rush though. Just dreaming up its future. Wondering what's going to happen to it. How it will live its life. It's pretty cool.

“You did great.” Niall whispers in my ear and I laugh.

“Thanks.”

“Go take a shower. I really don’t know where your hands have been, but I’ve seen some of the places.” Niall laughs and I kiss his cheek before running off to the bathroom.

Niall was so cute and sweet.

And supportive.

I’m scared what is going to happen when he leaves.

This is in two weeks.

Oh dear lord.

Sorry it's short. -Paeton (: